Relationships

Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Re: Relationships

Post by Anteroinen »

Sublevel 102 wrote:funny: all my friends, classmates, etc. Everyone. Say me to meet with girl. Now.
Not only for real relationship, but to "prepare" for future relationship.
That is some bullshit. For one the idea that you should go into a relationship to train for "real" relationship? That's fucked up. And then the idea that they can suggest such things...
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

What do you mean?
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Error_3113 wrote:What do you mean?
Well, you can't really go into a relationship with the full intention to break up? The idea that you should do something so cynical is very creepy to me. It is not like relationships need to be forever to be meaningful, but each relationship is still a real commitment in and off itself, not some sort of a rehearsal.

The second part I hope is obvious. You can't just tell someone to go into a relationship against their own will. That is rather immoral.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Hm..I'm trying to think of a situation where the first part might be used for a legitimate reason..
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

For one the idea that you should go into a relationship to train for "real" relationship?
you can't really go into a relationship with the full intention to break up
no no no, not quite.
That's not "go to relationship to intentionally break it up IN ANY CASE soon" of course.

You can't know everything about people when you meet him first time, right? You should meet, walk, talk with him for some time. And then, when you know people, know you can't make real relationship, you break it.
And if it happens, or you make some mistake, it would be good training for future.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

What about having a relationship, but knowing it will only be for a little while?

(at risk of exposing my true identity, because I'm sure the NSA cares that much about me) I'm a senior in high school. I got out of a big mess of a thing with a girl last year (she kinda dumped me and then went out with my then-best friend a week later, and stayed with him until she 'cheated' on him with some other guy [I wasn't really interested in the details]) but I still want to have a girlfriend.

Since it's senior year I had the brains enough to figure out that end of the year pretty much means end of high school friendships... so would it be a bad idea to start hanging out with this other girl and maybe getting into just a little relationship to kind finish up the year?

I don't know her too too well, but I'm not looking to get too involved either. If everything goes okay I would like to just have each other to be close to for a while. Not someone to text every night (I learned that that's a bad thing the hard way) but just someone to look forward to seeing on the weekends and being close with. I know high school relationship importance is iffy at best, but I want to know what you all think (this seemed like the place to put it on the forum).

I'm not desperate for answers so don't feel as if you have to respond to this. You can skate over it if you want :D
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Well, when I was in a relatively comparable situation I decided not getting into a relationship was the best option. I mean, sure, if you want, okay, go for it, but I don't necessarily see the point. Because you could just as well just hang out with friends if you want something pretty comparable.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Huh, okay
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

So I broke...

Hope this is the last twist. I'm getting tired of this...
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I'm not saying that I know what your whole story is, but from what you just posted in another thread it sounds like you did the right thing to me. Dating someone who only is there for you half the time can probably get really stressful. So with my meager knowledge, I think you made the right choice.

Hopefully things will clear out for you soon :|