The Abacus' Theories

The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: The Abacus' Theories

Post by The Abacus »

Also, I just remembered: Liz's Note in Sub7, the SubNet based after the Garden plans. She mentioned a "They," so there must be actual Architects.
Off course. There's Henry O'Toole, but that isn't to say that they created the plan.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

I have always thought the architects mentioned came after Henry O'Toole.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Unless it is Henry O'Toole, and it goes along with the whole theme of the Timeline being confusing.
They probably do stuff like this, except it do in the Submachine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCr-l9naPmE
Again, I ask: ...What?
Off course. There's Henry O'Toole, but that isn't to say that they created the plan.
But the Plan is part of the SubNet, so who did create the Plan if not the architect who created the SubNet? I would say O'Toole is somewhere involved, he's built the Lighthouse and the Winter Palace after all.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

But the Plan is part of the SubNet, so who did create the Plan if not the architect who created the SubNet? I would say O'Toole is somewhere involved, he's built the Lighthouse and the Winter Palace after all.
I have thought about it rather like this:

1) Various locations across the layers are created through unknown means, unrelated to any people that we know about - the machine predates Mur, Liz and the Fourth Dynasty. The Plan, at least in it's complete form, does not exist.
2) Humans enter the subnet during the building of the gardens. Research is begun and layers are discovered. New locations (not submachines per se) are built between and around pre-existing, natural submachines. This is the era of architects; the plan is created.
3) Everything goes wrong, due to three thing as far as I can tell: the collapse, caused by Murtaugh; the expansion, caused by the computer; and the corrosion, caused by loops and other space-distorting effects, to which karma portal are also included, I suppose.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Henry only maked the Palace and the Lighthouse.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Anteroinen wrote:
I have thought about it rather like this:

1) Various locations across the layers are created through unknown means, unrelated to any people that we know about - the machine predates Mur, Liz and the Fourth Dynasty. The Plan, at least in it's complete form, does not exist.
2) Humans enter the subnet during the building of the gardens. Research is begun and layers are discovered. New locations (not submachines per se) are built between and around pre-existing, natural submachines. This is the era of architects; the plan is created.
3) Everything goes wrong, due to three thing as far as I can tell: the collapse, caused by Murtaugh; the expansion, caused by the computer; and the corrosion, caused by loops and other space-distorting effects, to which karma portal are also included, I suppose.
That seems the case, but then is it safe to say The Plan is a natural occurence, yet built by the Architects? How can The Plan both exist beforehand and yet later be built by the Architects? Unless "The Plan" is the term given to the formation of the Layers, not the creation of the Layers themselves.
Henry only maked the Palace and the Lighthouse.
And tell me how you can confirm that.

Before The Core, we didn't know how much else O'Toole was involved in.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Unless "The Plan" is the term given to the formation of the Layers, not the creation of the Layers themselves.
That is what I'm proposing.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

In my theory The Architects are the Creator(s) of the submachine or the sentient A.I. (i.e. the submachine) or both. For all I know, both interpretations could be correct.
Henry only made the Palace and the Lighthouse.
We can't be sure of that. :razz:
How can you be sure that the machine predates the Fourth Dynasty?
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

How can you be sure that the machine predates the Fourth Dynasty?
Well, if they found it, it quite certainly does. Unless there is some sort of time machine mechanic involved, which I wish not to consider at this moment.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Anteroinen wrote:
Unless "The Plan" is the term given to the formation of the Layers, not the creation of the Layers themselves.
That is what I'm proposing.
Strangely, I'm okay with that interpretation.
In my theory The Architects are the Creator(s) of the submachine or the sentient A.I. (i.e. the submachine) or both. For all I know, both interpretations could be correct.
O_o You said "Submachine" twice...XD Now if you mean The Computer ("sentient A.I." being Computer), I don't think they would then be called Architects for creating the Computer. They'd be called "the Programmers" or something.

And back to basics: The Architects are behind The Plan, although possibly creating the SubNet too. You can be right though: The same Architects may have built both the SubNet and The Plan, or at least belonged to the same creation team i.e. The King's Architects.
Well, if they found it, it quite certainly does. Unless there is some sort of time machine mechanic involved, which I wish not to consider at this moment.
Mateusz has mentioned a time machine, as you're well aware, which just makes everything more confusing regardless of whether you intend it to be or not.

And now, I meant to ask: What "machine" are we referring to? The Computer? Certainly not the "Submachine," that's just the term it was given.