The Abacus' Theories

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: The Abacus' Theories

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Maybe the Architects where higher being that created the Submachine World. Or they were the people who created the Structure inside an already existing place. Like how we built structure on earth which the planet already existed before our time.

But still, we can't figure out which without some more data. Mateusz has us working on variable of 50% by 50% by 50%.

What I meant by that video is that someone altered the already existing film. They made it into what they wanted it to be.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I don't understand what video you're referring to, but:
Maybe the Architects where higher being that created the Submachine World. Or they were the people who created the Structure inside an already existing place. Like how we built structure on earth which the planet already existed before our time.
It's possible, goes back to the "Karmic Beings" Theory, but I'm starting to think everyone's human, since there are no aliens involved according to Mateusz.

We know they "created the structure inside an already existing place" - That goes back to what Liz said about the Garden Plans.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

O_o You said "Submachine" twice...XD
And what's wrong with that? :razz:
The Computer ("sentient A.I." being Computer)
by that I meant whatever is controlling the defense system, most likely the subnet. (I now realise it was not necessarily a sentient A.I.) Does anyone think that the submachine/subnet evolved from the Computer?
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

The Abacus wrote:
O_o You said "Submachine" twice...XD
Confusing perhaps? :P
The Computer ("sentient A.I." being Computer)
by that I meant whatever is controlling the defense system, most likely the subnet. (I now realise it was not necessarily a sentient A.I.) Does anyone think that the submachine/subnet evolved from the Computer?
Oh, I see. I'm not sure if the DefSys is sentient though, although it's somewhat run by the Sub-bots, I would think.

And it's more than likely the SubNet came from the Computer because of the mutations it caused (or so we think.)
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Rooster5man wrote:
The Abacus wrote:
Rooster5man wrote:O_o You said "Submachine" twice...XD
Confusing perhaps? :razz:
:razz:
Rooster5man wrote:And it's more than likely the SubNet came from the Computer because of the mutations it caused (or so we think.)
I was thinking somewhere along those lines.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

“The Architects” is an Analogy for the Creator Theory
Primary Goal: This theory explains that the reference of architects in the Perfection Note refers to the creator(s) of the submachine rather than a group of architects who had no part in creating the submachine.
The Theory
In Submachine 8: The Plan there is a mention of architects in the Perfection Note. In the line, “Who needs gods when you architects like that, right?” to be precise. The word “architects” may just be an analogy for the creator or whatever controls the subnet (likely a person or a sentient A.I.). An architect is a designer, and a designer is a creator, so we cannot dismiss this possibility. This: "who needs god when you have architects like that?" is a rhetorical question, so we must be more careful in deciding whether the mention of architects is only an analogy or not.
This sound good?
(Sorry it took me so long, I only got to editing it now)
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I suppose. It seems my brain lost the train of thought I had when I was discussing the terms of this Theory, but I don't know, maybe you're right for all we know.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Based on this discussion: http://www.pastelportal.com/forum/viewt ... =70#p17218
Anti-Structural Architecture and the Winter Palace

“This Winter Palace and the surrounding gardens are prime examples of anti-structural architecture freed from boundaries of material durability”

This is the third-to-last sentence of the pamphlet found in the Winter Palace. From it I would like to bring to attention the part explaining how the Winter Palace and South Gardens are examples of anti-structural architecture that are “freed from boundaries of material durability.” Anti-structural architecture simply does not exist in our reality, which raises the question of what is its meaning and definition. It is through the manifestation of this concept that we may be able to learn more about Henry O’Toole and the Winter Palace.

To begin one must be observant and examine the Winter Palace in Submachine 7: The Core. There are three observations that have led me to my theory:

1. The first is that the Winter Palace seems to be supported by pillars, on which it sits on top, and is therefore likely held up at an elevation of some sort.

2. My second observation I have made is that the palace is pulsing with blue energy. I am not simply referring to the fluorescent flora that seems to overgrown the palace, but instead to the symbols that can be seen cut into the walls and stone – the most common of these are simple circles. Among these also include the ambiguous star symbol that we see in many of Mateusz Skutnik’s works. Most of these symbols seem to be etched into the ground, walls and pillars of the palace.

3. On some screens the pillars that supposedly hold up the Winter Palace are partly destroyed. From these a string or beam of blue energy is perfectly visible.

My last observation is likely the most important as it is a logical conclusion to draw that this string of energy through runs through the whole pillar and keeps it’s structure intact. The previous observation on the blue energy allows me to expand on this and leads me to think that the Winter Palace is kept intact by this form of energy that has retained the structure of the pillars.

This is what I believe to be anti-structural architecture – a type of architecture that is freed from the limitations of material durability. As long as energy flows throughout the palace, the general structure will remain intact, oblivious to whatever elements exist in the submachine that would wear away the material and eventually cause the palace to collapse. The material elements do seem to however be worn away, but most of the structure remains intact and will not collapse. It seems that Henry O’Toole was the first to successfully implement anti-structure into an edifice and had gained much respect for his work. I believe that this theory is likely explanation of the meaning of anti-structural architecture and hope that it helps us have a better understanding of Henry O’Toole and the Western Kingdom.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

It's a very good Theory. At first, I thought you were going along the path of "The Symbols are carved to create energy," something along the lines of making symbols/patterns to summon demons and the like (blame the show Supernatural, lol.)

Then you finished off with this:
This is what I believe to be anti-structural architecture – a type of architecture that is freed from the limitations of material durability. As long as energy flows throughout the palace, the general structure will remain intact, oblivious to whatever elements exist in the submachine that would wear away the material and eventually cause the palace to collapse. The material elements do seem to however be worn away, but most of the structure remains intact and will not collapse.
While that does make sense, and it's somewhat plausible, I feel like the reasoning behind us seeing the Core not totally blown apart by Mur's Karma powers is due to Game Mechanics - If the Core was ripped apart by Mur, how could we transverse it?

It's interesting though: Perhaps Karma is an energy that acts like Magnetic poles, repelling each other, thus Karma entering an already-Karma-based-structure (or "anti-structure") makes the Core undo the "anti-structure." Without a structure nor Anti-Structure, the Core is slowly lost into the Void.

Theory Status: I'm between Still Alive and Likely. If it weren't for not knowing why the Core is still somewhat being held together, I'd call it Likely.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

What if the location of the Core was originally like a Planet. Not like Earth itself, but something allot smaller, flat, and didn't take up as much mass as the Earth we are on does. Because some of the Location in Sub7 like the Sanctuary, and parts of the South Garden have main bodies are made of Earth. Now it is a fact that most section of the Core collapse due to Mur doing things he shouldn't. What if that was most of the Core that is gone.

Let me tell you an example that helps support this. When you build a skyscraper today modern times, or at least a tall structure that might become unstable due to wind. When they construct the base of a Skyscraper, they dig a hole in the ground that would end up build the foundation as well as part of the basement. Before they put the concrete foundation in, they dig in the already basement section with smaller holes that go down about 5 times the size of the basement that already exist. This would end up creating for example a grid of 35 by 35 pillars in the ground to create a stable foundation floor for the building that is anchored into the ground by this pillars.

What if the pillar you mention were built for the same reason, to create a stable foundation for the Winter Palace.

Then the Beam of light you seen, I think I know this type of building.
If we were to look again at my example of a skyscraper, its main body would sometime be made of concrete pillars, or poles that would hold the floor above the one its built on. When they use the concrete, they first put in the same concept as the foundation when it came to the pillars. Except in this case what they would do is put steel metal rods in groups in the section where the concrete is going to be pored into to give it a stronger foundation holding together by these lengths of rods.

I theories that the beam of light are used for the exact same purpose. But the concept of the anti structure is to hold together any sound building or structure together, despite the way the stone, or building material used is lay out. The Winter Palace for example, it is not appear as a modern type structure, but more of some older way of architecture. I believe what ever way Sir Henry O'Toole created the Anti Structure material, it was built into the walls, and parts of the winter palace, as a mean of creating a old fashion type building, but to have it more stably held together.

But what is now left of the Winter Palace, the Anti Structure was not originally built for that. Sir Henry O'Toole didn't know the ground under the Winter Palace was going to collapse into the void at one point. But the Anti-Structure light beam itself was built for an entirely different purpose as to create any type of building or architecture new or old, and still have it sustain its layout for centuries to come. The Light beam we saw was like a type of glue inside the stone, or material used to construct the Winter Palace. That it would hold all of the material that makes up the structure so that way it wouldn't fall apart like every building does in the time of it existed in the universe. For some reason, the Anti Structure light beam built into the Winter Palace and parts of the South Garden was able to keep those parts intact, despite the Core Collapsing.

I theories if we were to look at the bottom of the pillars, which we can't see in the game, they would end up not being attach to anything. It would actually be keeping the Winter Palace and the Parts of the South Garden that had the Anti Structure there afloat in the same location, or spot the Winter Palace and South Garden was build on this Ground Earth-like Structure I mention before despite it being surrounded by the Void.

The Winter Palace Structure in Sub7 now is more similar to how the City of Venice was constructed for example, it is not built on any land mass that is above the water level, but is help up by a series of pillars that are built under the floor where the buildings are constructed on top on. The Pillars would hold the city up buy having some structure that connects the other end of the Pillars to the seabed that is under the water where Venice is located on top of. Same thing as the Winter Palace, except the Anti-Structure light is not keeping the Winter Palace and South Garden afloat, but it is actually anchoring the material built around the beams locked into the space the Core is located in.

The symbols you mention are actual scribble craving some people did in the walls of the Winter Palace, like some people do with their pencil when they carve into their desk. The reason why it's glowing is because the Anti-Structure that is inside the stone that makes up the Winter Palace is right behind it. Some of the Scribbles in the Winter Palace are glowing because when whoever did that manege to crave in deep enough so the Anti-Structure Light was visible through the lines that make up the scribble shape. Like when you shine a flash light at a wooden crate, the light continues through the space that is in between the wooden boards.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING