Boingo's theories

Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Re: The Physics of the Subnet

Post by Boingo »

I'm here.

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, each area controls its own physics.
Whether there are plants, or what, the submachine controls it all..... dun dun dun dunnnnn..... :twisted:
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, each area controls its own physics.
I guess that's that then :P

I'd still appreciate you answering my first few questions so I can put a status to this Theory :P
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

Errrrm, the one about the machine?
It was related to being in a spacesuit.

Or am I looking at the wrong page?
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Read my first post on page 1 - I'd like you to answer those questions, that's what I'm asking you to do :P
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

So now that you're on coordinates, elaborate. Coordinates like (0,1) in The Root [Cipher Plates], or XYZ? Meaning the Leaf is its own room in the SubNet because the Leaf itself is a makeshift XYZ Portal?
Ok. We know that the loop is infinite. So why is it, that the exiting machine on each level is where it is?
Why that specific spot?
And how does the coordinate machine know where the centre is? Why is it specifically calibrated to that spot?

More to come. Sorry, got to go.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Boingo wrote:
So now that you're on coordinates, elaborate. Coordinates like (0,1) in The Root [Cipher Plates], or XYZ? Meaning the Leaf is its own room in the SubNet because the Leaf itself is a makeshift XYZ Portal?
Ok. We know that the loop is infinite. So why is it, that the exiting machine on each level is where it is?
Why that specific spot?
And how does the coordinate machine know where the centre is? Why is it specifically calibrated to that spot?

More to come. Sorry, got to go.
"On each level?" There's only one exiting machine...unless you're referring to outside The Loop?

And who's to say that's the "center" - Remember the XYZ Coordinates, the Coordinates may mean something to the Sub-bots or the Submachine itself, not to the humans.

The "Coordinate Machine" (thought it's called the Navigator), as I just said, may be calibrated to that spot, who knows why other than the Sub-bots/Submachine.
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

Mateusz has suggested the Navigator was placed there by someone though, and not a part of the location. So does it tap into an existing coordinate system, like a GPS, or does it have its own coordinate system it is calibrated to?
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Well, it follows regular X/Y Coordinates from the moment we find it, so let's assume it chose that spot as (0,0), or "the origin." Then it works from there.

Hmm, a GPS in the SubNet...Would that work? Perhaps the Geotags are some sort of a GPS that only works per Layer (i.e. "Why can't I see you? We're in the same Geotag.")
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

I think it follow the Z coordinates, not the XY.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Which Z Coordinates? And which are you referring to, inside the Loop or the Geotags?

Being that the Layers are stacked on top of each other, and if you're saying the Geotags have the Z-axis component, why didn't it register that the other person was on a different Layer?