Jatsko's theories, etc

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: Error_3113's SubTheories and SubSpeculations of SubThing

Post by Jatsko »

The whole curvature sense of the lighthouse is really hard to view in any case and even harder to represent in right angled blocks. I mean think about the curvature in (0,1) where the charger room is, that must make the entire lighthouse enormous to fit all those rooms in there.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Well, the charger room is part of the underground sections which don't need to follow the shape of the lighthouse, but I get what you mean.
Lord of Flies
subbot maintenance

Post by Lord of Flies »

Why do you think 0,1 is connected to the Lighthouse? I think only "bricked door room" is.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Reason I put it there is because it has the pressure pipe. I know it doesn't have to be there exactly, but I figured if the pipe went directly up and down then that position would make the most sense. It wouldn't be on top because the pressure meters extend down into bedrock that is the Ancient Section, I think.

EDIT: Wait, wait, you're talking about something completely different, my bad :lol: But I do think that (0,2) and (2,0) are connected to each other.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Alright so here we have all known Root and Ancient Section locations so far:

From left to right:
Row 1: 553, 552/(0,0), (0,1), (1,2), 104
Row 2: (1,0), 103/(2,1), 601, 452, 462, 551

Rooms with a teleporter have a white box; rooms with a Root transporter have a red box. I was thinking of putting in blue karma portal rooms but there's really no correlation between them and location (so far...)

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

MS 71 may 2012 wrote:in subnet there's one location with gravitational abnormalities.
I'm talking about something else. Pulling a patch of gravity from one dimention and placing it onto another dimention. In this case the trick was - put the vertical building in the horizontal environment, causing it to become prone to sideways attack. that would also explain the sand coming through the windows of the lighthouse.

One thing is certain - that dimentional pull was temporary. Once the damage was done - they turned it off. Or rather - disconnected the layers.
What
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I remember that! Mateusz said he could make a drawing/game out of it someday, I'm still hoping to see it :D
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

But doesn't that mean that every Submachine location doesn't necessarily have the same gravitational orientation in the void?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I think it must be so for the Root to make sense, if not you could throw an object and watch it endlessly gain speed like in the Portal game. And we have seen messed up gravity before, just look at the floating structures in the South Garden.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

which means that if an orientation for 104 is "up" then the orientation for something like 304 and the Lighthouse could be "sideways" relative to 104?