Jatsko's theories, etc

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: Apocrypha's Theories and Thoughts

Post by Jatsko »

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

The ladder to the beamer in Layer 3, it's not unlocked when you arrive to that layer.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:The ladder to the beamer in Layer 3, it's not unlocked when you arrive to that layer.
well, the same with locked ladder in Layer 1...
I think Jatsko means optional barriers, not barriers that should be removed to finish the game.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

You can actually complete the game without removing that barrier.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I see how that's possible, but I'm not sure Mat intended that to be the case, given the amount of items we have to find in order to unlock it. So I didn't count that for that reason.
Sundex
subnet technician

Post by Sundex »

About that picture, I was doing some speculations during my Seminar period and noticed that there was something to help us in the notes:
The important thing to remember is that as there are seven main layers, all stable, as all their sub-layers, there is also the eighth layer, known as the layer of light, which is not stable and it can float freely through all other layers. Murtaugh was trapped in the eighth layer once, that's why he was unable to focus his being on a single layer. Fortunately, Elizabeth managed to snap him out of this trap.
-Infinite Number (Sub 10)
Now, I am still wondering how this could be relevant to the picture, but I have this strong feeling that it is. I do have a thought that the dots, which are intersection points of two layers, are places where the effects of the eighth layer on the mind are strongest, but this note does say that Murtaugh has only been there once and there are eight dots on the paper. That being said, we don't know if this is Murtaugh who actually drew this. It could be a member of the Fourth Dynasty. They are known as "The Architects of the Plan".

There is obviously a better reason, but I don't have it yet. Hopefully, the note could help others come up with good thoughts.
BACK TO THEORIES
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Apocrypha: I hate when people are purposefully vague and mysterious just to attract attention
Also Apocrypha:
log_045.txt wrote: - Tesla...

- Tesla, wake up.

- Mmm, wha-

- C'mon dude, it's important. Ganga isn't here.

- Jesus Christ, Shossy, don't you know how to sleep for more than-

- You listening? Ganga isn't here. I looked around. Checked outside, even.

I know.

- How do you know?

- I was up earlier. Saw him leave. Didn't say anything, but he left this note. I was gonna tell you, in the morning, you know, when we've all had a decent amount of sleep. But here, be my guest.

- You happy?

- No, not really.

- Oh come on. You should have seen this coming. The guy goes in and out as he needs to.

- What's Gehenna?

- I don't know. Something that headquarters put together. Another rescue module or something.

- Who are they trying to find? What's an "ancient wave"?

- Doesn't matter. I'd rather not think anymore about who hasn't been found yet. They just have a lead, anyway. That doesn't mean they'll find anyone.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

But if they're not just pure random generated speech, and behind these texts are hidden normal strong plot you would explain further...
I would like to read it and wait for next parts! :P
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

log_051.txt wrote: - So it seems Ganga wasn't really gone for that long. He could have at least told us that he wasn't really going in that far. Last thing I need is heightened stress levels.

- Shos, it's fine. You know him; when these types of things happen he tends to just up and go. Not always, but obviously when HQ gives him a message...

- ...what?

- Oh come on, if HQ contacted you you'd be ecstatic even if they told you to go jump off the side of a building to test how acceleration through the void works.

- ...I don't like that you're correct, but you are. Anyway, what was the outcome?

- Better than expected. Ganga expected one explorer to make a return, but HQ managed to find five. Four of them were from the Third Wave, and one hasn't been officially recorded on the Tablets but he's probably from around then as well, given the oldest dates of his data traces.

- That's awesome.

- I suppose that's one word. And of course, their data dumps have been solidified in the Net as part of the Honor Code.

- Cool.

Sometimes I wonder what other generations would have thought if they heard us talking about this stuff. Things that they never predicted could ever come after they died.

- Well, you never know. There are a lot of people. And a lot of sublayers. Who's to say that there are others out there having the same conversation now, wondering the same things, and celebrating the same things, but just with different words and subjects? You're almost never driving on a highway by yourself.

- Right...
[/end vagueness]
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Hm just realized...

The cliff-dweller in Sub6 who holed up in the tunnels is the same person as the mnt jumper, and with this update I guess it's very fitting that Mat added another Ratman-type den to the tunnel at mnt. But WIQ also brought up ago how he was happy to see the MNT den because it reminded me of the hideout in the Sub6 part of WIQ.

I wonder if the madman in WIQ who made the chalk drawings and was complaining about the noise had built that den there but also was the same guy who lived in the tunnels and visited MNT. All the locations concerned are part of the defense system region.

eh why tf not