Post by borys610 »

Yay, now the wiki can have normal name.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Daymare Town Wiki

Post by The Abacus »

Yay!
I thought anemone was a sea plant o_o
Have you looked at what is under the title on the page?
It says: This article is about the flower. For the animal, see Sea anemone. For other uses, see Anemone (disambiguation).
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

Just created article for "coins". I'll add pics later.
http://pl.daymare-town.wikia.com/wiki/Monety
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Wow Borys, your wiki is already more advanced than the English one, and you're doing it alone o_O
borys610

Post by borys610 »

Maybe it's more advanced than English version was a month ago... but now English have like three times more pages than Polish...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yeah but half of them or so are empty :P
Lorre
lost in subnet

Post by Lorre »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:Yeah but half of them or so are empty :P
Yeah, that's kinda my fault...I prefer to have the pages created and THEN fill them with content than having only a few pages with lots of content. I just can't stand seeing redlinks, and I thought it was a good way to get things started back on the wiki.

Anyway, yay, I'm the owner now! Thank you guys so much for nominating me, I hope I can do a good job. :)

For now, though, I'm not going to edit too much because I want to figure out how to do everything. I don't want to mess anything up. My first priority is appointing admins, though, so I should ask: Who wants to be an admin?

After that, my second priority is correcting the "Daymare Town 3 Wiki" name. I looked into that, and it looks like I actually have to send a message to Wikia to request a name change. So I don't know how long it'll take them to reply once I send the message, but know that I am working to fix that. EDIT: I was able to change the name in the upper-left corner, but I think it's changing the name displayed on the address bar when you're on the wiki that'll require messaging a request. Now that's all that's left to fix.

I did fix a couple links on the main page and reset the poll to something else, though, so why don't you go vote in the meantime? :P
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Lorre wrote:
OnyxIonVortex wrote:Yeah but half of them or so are empty :P
Yeah, that's kinda my fault...I prefer to have the pages created and THEN fill them with content than having only a few pages with lots of content. I just can't stand seeing redlinks, and I thought it was a good way to get things started back on the wiki.
Don't worry, that's a good way to add content. In fact I think it's the "official" way that appears in the Wikia help: first creating pages, then adding stuff.
Lorre wrote: Anyway, yay, I'm the owner now! Thank you guys so much for nominating me, I hope I can do a good job. :)

For now, though, I'm not going to edit too much because I want to figure out how to do everything. I don't want to mess anything up. My first priority is appointing admins, though, so I should ask: Who wants to be an admin?

After that, my second priority is correcting the "Daymare Town 3 Wiki" name. I looked into that, and it looks like I actually have to send a message to Wikia to request a name change. So I don't know how long it'll take them to reply once I send the message, but know that I am working to fix that. EDIT: I was able to change the name in the upper-left corner, but I think it's changing the name displayed on the address bar when you're on the wiki that'll require messaging a request. Now that's all that's left to fix.

I did fix a couple links on the main page and reset the poll to something else, though, so why don't you go vote in the meantime? :P
Well, Abacus said he wants to be admin, and about me... well, if you want you can appoint me, since I have a bit of experience with the wikis and I could help you with things :) but since you said you are figuring out how to do everything, probably I would be useless XD
I don't know... so I let you decide :P

And about the title, yeah, I think there's no way to fix that by oneself, you have to request it to the Wikia staff. And in the upper-left corner, we could put a logo too, instead of the title, like in the Submachine Wiki.
Btw I voted in the poll ^^