What Submachine do you think is the creepiest?

kaszimir
lost in subnet

What Submachine do you think is the creepiest?

Post by kaszimir »

I grew up on #2 and, considering the music/atmosphere along with the fact that your TRAPPED IN A BURRIED LIGHTHOUSE is pretty scary. Which do you think is the creepiest?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: What Submachine do you think is the creepiest?

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Welcome to the forum, kaszimir!
kaszimir wrote:I grew up on #2 and, considering the music/atmosphere along with the fact that your TRAPPED IN A BURRIED LIGHTHOUSE is pretty scary.
this
THIS
this
THIS

It is why Lighthouse is the most favorite Submachine for me. I fear it even more than some haunted mansion from some horror game.
Subbot #499
lost in subnet

Post by Subbot #499 »

4,6, and now 9.
Babylon
subnet notes finder

Post by Babylon »

No mention of The Loop yet? Trapped in a set of corridors that stretch on forever in every direction? Every puzzle you solve takes you deeper underground? The only submachine where you risk death if you make the wrong decision, dying of dehydration as you fall deeper and deeper into a bottomless abyss?

Yes, I personally think The Loop is the scariest.
I'm not a latin popstar.
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

The Loop of course.
kaszimir
lost in subnet

Post by kaszimir »

The Loop is creepy but at the same time its so repetitive that I can't immerse myself too deeply into it.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

I have to concur about the loop being the undisputed #1.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Lyds
lost in subnet

Post by Lyds »

The loop, definitely.
But the Lighthouse probably comes in a close second. The moment the needle drops on the record player..that's probably one of the creepiest moments in the whole series.
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

Lyds wrote:The loop, definitely.
But the Lighthouse probably comes in a close second. The moment the needle drops on the record player..that's probably one of the creepiest moments in the whole series.
-Sub 2 because of the aformentioned "Needle-Drop on the Record" kicking in the soundtrack, and finding out you're BURIED ALIVE!
That, and the scare chord that plays when you find Murtaugh's portal at the peak.
-Sub 3 because of the looping, but more for the ending, which is the ONLY ENDING WHERE YOU THE PLAYER DIE!
-Sub 9 for the aforementioned scare chord from Sub 2 being reused (fittingly) for Mur's and Liz's tombs. The first parts of the temple and the area with the Shiva statue were scary cuz of the music IMO. The Inner Temple portion wasn't too scary except for the dark background and the red sand. The music in that area lessened the scare factor though, cuz it was AWESOME!

Discuss?
kaszimir
lost in subnet

Post by kaszimir »

ShadowNiL wrote:
Lyds wrote:
Discuss?
Yes, in your signature it says Submachine: The Farm...wtf?