BEAST forum story - discussion thread

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: BEAST (forum story) - discussion thread

Post by Vortex »

thank you! :D

and i'm glad you found some time to pass by :) hope everything is going well!
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

Can you answer these questions, Vortex? You can answer "I refuse to answer" to any if you want, to avoid significant spoilers. If a question has multiple parts, answer them one at a time. (Ex.: Yes. Yes. I refuse.).

1- Is M Ian's Uncle?
2- Is there someone higher than the humanoid shadows on the hierarchy?
3- Can other people be rendered immune to the effects of the Black Fog, as Ian was? And if they are, do they gain Shadow Sight by default like Ian did, or just immunity to the Black Fog while remaining blinded?
4- Is the bird statue + bird symbol on the Prologue title card important? And on a scale of 1-10, how so?
5- Is the Unknown Being in the last part of the Prologue related to Ian or Luke somehow?
6- Is "Chrysana" the "leader" of the Shadow Beings, on the hierarchy? Or is she slightly below that, somewhat?
7- Will Ian eventually gain more Shadow Abilities? Or is he stuck with plain old Shadow Sight until the end?
8- Can Ian's abilities (if he'll gain anymore, otherwise Shadow Sight) be somehow "upgraded" or "evolve"?
9- Can Ian level up?
10- Is the real Elisa dead?
11- Will there be elements of Submachine in your series, whether they be portals of any kind, puzzles, etc.?
12- As with Xetrov being in this story, are YOU yourself in this too, as some sort of "self-insert"? Or is Xetrov the only one linked at all to Pastel Forum in any way?
13- Are you aware that this series of yours is amazing?

I know I have lots of questions, but I feel I'm on the right track with a few of em...
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

ShadowNiL, are you serious?

-_-

Why we play this story at all?..

@Vortex: Please, don't make any spoilers, ok :)
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 30 Aug 2014 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

ShadowNiL wrote:Can you answer these questions, Vortex? You can answer "I refuse to answer" to any if you want, to avoid significant spoilers. If a question has multiple parts, answer them one at a time. (Ex.: Yes. Yes. I refuse.).

1- Is M Ian's Uncle?
2- Is there someone higher than the humanoid shadows on the hierarchy?
3- Can other people be rendered immune to the effects of the Black Fog, as Ian was? And if they are, do they gain Shadow Sight by default like Ian did, or just immunity to the Black Fog while remaining blinded?
4- Is the bird statue + bird symbol on the Prologue title card important? And on a scale of 1-10, how so?
5- Is the Unknown Being in the last part of the Prologue related to Ian or Luke somehow?
6- Is "Chrysana" the "leader" of the Shadow Beings, on the hierarchy? Or is she slightly below that, somewhat?
7- Will Ian eventually gain more Shadow Abilities? Or is he stuck with plain old Shadow Sight until the end?
8- Can Ian's abilities (if he'll gain anymore, otherwise Shadow Sight) be somehow "upgraded" or "evolve"?
9- Can Ian level up?
10- Is the real Elisa dead?
11- Will there be elements of Submachine in your series, whether they be portals of any kind, puzzles, etc.?
12- As with Xetrov being in this story, are YOU yourself in this too, as some sort of "self-insert"? Or is Xetrov the only one linked at all to Pastel Forum in any way?
13- Are you aware that this series of yours is amazing?

I know I have lots of questions, but I feel I'm on the right track with a few of em...
i'm afraid that i had to refuse to answer the majority of the questions because some of them are crucial for the plot development in next chapters. i understand that you may be eager to know, but it's better to leave them unanswered to avoid spoilers. but hey, that also means you won't have to wait much to know the answers! :)

1) I refuse to answer. But you will know soon.
2) Yes.
3) I refuse (both questions).
4) It's important, like I said, but I won't say how much.
5) Ian is having a dream, I'm not sure if I made that part clear, so I'll just say it here, it was gonna be confirmed right at the start of the next chapter anyways. That could mean that Ian is the unknown being. But it also could mean he is not.
6) I refuse.
7) I refuse.
8) I refuse.
9) No (at least not in the videogame sense).
10) I refuse.
11) Still deciding that XD I already tried to make an allusion to Submachine with the note from "M". And of course there will be puzzles, I can say that.
12) No, well, not in the sense of a character inside the story. You can think of me as a kind of "demiurge" from the perspective of the story, I create all situations based on your commands input, but I can't interfere, except perhaps to make funny gags or something if you want (if you have read A'LLUKIN, that's kind of what I mean). As for anything related to Pastel Forum other than xetroV appearing in the story, you'll have to wait and see :P
13) I had no idea it was going to be so well received! :D I even feel a little nervous now, I'm trying hard to polish the next chapters because I don't want to disappoint you after such success XD but seriously, thanks a lot :)

you seem to have good skills at pulling important questions... too good... you won't happen to be a shadow in disguise? you even have "shadow" in your name XD
Sublevel 102 wrote:@Vortex: Please, don't make any spoilers, ok :)
don't worry, I haven't made any important spoilers ;)
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

OnyxIonVortex wrote: you seem to have good skills at pulling important questions... too good... you won't happen to be a shadow in disguise? you even have "shadow" in your name XD
No. I've just played this sort of guessing-game once. In another forum game. Good times.
And I've always been this way.
Always.

But yes, thank you kindly for your answers. I respect your need to preserve plot, even if you have to refuse to answer a lot for it.

Besides...

You refusing to answer is all the answer I needed! HAHAHA!
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

ShadowNiL wrote:No. I've just played this sort of guessing-game once. In another forum game. Good times.
And I've always been this way.
Always.
i see :P

if you don't mind telling, which forum game was it? just curious to know.

ShadowNiL wrote:Besides...

You refusing to answer is all the answer I needed! HAHAHA!
darnit... XD
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

OnyxIonVortex wrote: if you don't mind telling, which forum game was it? just curious to know.
Well, not a forum game, so much as a continuing comic by someone on the Twitch Plays Pokemon subreddit named ZetsuTheFirst.

He let us use
http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Truth
and responded with either
http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Truth
or "I refuse."

Blue truth = Posing a potential possibility.
Red truth = Confirming it.
Wording questions carefully was imperative, so yeah. That's why my questions to you were so specific.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

ah, interesting. thanks :)
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Is Catherine Gastrell Ian's auntie?
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

no, that's from my other story ;)

EDIT: though you gave me an idea... I could link both stories somehow... hmm...