BEAST (forum story) - Chapter 1

ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Re: BEAST (forum story) - Chapter 1

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

IAN: Tell these glasses are from another person of the building who had the same desing. Check Wallet.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

They couldn't handle so much awesomeness.
:'D

uh oh
*embarrassing feeling*
Ian can tell he just found these damn glasses on the floor in his house...

Anyway. There's no reason to stay here, in warehouse. If they both want to save the city/world, they must go somewhere and do something... I think mysterious M can give the clue.. wait! he gave! Old factory!
Bad we haven't contact with him anymore. Phone is discharged and we haven't charger... You don't want to say battery from broken watch fits with phone's?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:IAN: Tell these glasses are from another person of the building who had the same desing.
Sublevel 104 wrote:uh oh
*embarrassing feeling*
Ian can tell he just found these damn glasses on the floor in his house...

Dammit. Ian knew hiding secrets was a bad idea. But now he can't back down.

<LUKE>: Where did you get them?

<IAN>: I found them on the floor of the apartment below mine. They probably belonged to the owner before that shadow replaced him. I took them because... well, one never knows when you could find something useful.

It wasn't entirely a lie...

<LUKE>: I see. It's just... they are the same model as my mom's. You know, I was actually looking for her when I found you, on the way to our apartment. Now that I know I'm not the only survivor of this, I have hope that she might be here too, in the city. Maybe the black fog immunity is a genetic thing. Perhaps she was able to hide somewhere...

Ian is growing increasingly uncomfortable hearing Luke talk about his mother. Fortunately Luke doesn't notice; he seems to be talking more as way of ordering his thoughts.
Sublevel 104 wrote:Anyway. There's no reason to stay here, in warehouse. If they both want to save the city/world, they must go somewhere and do something... I think mysterious M can give the clue.. wait! he gave! Old factory!
Bad we haven't contact with him anymore. Phone is discharged and we haven't charger... You don't want to say battery from broken watch fits with phone's?
Luke and Ian both agree that they need to get out of there. But they can't use the main door without putting themselves in danger... They will have to find another solution.

Luke asks Ian if his broken watch could be of any use as a replacement of his phone's battery.

<IAN>: It wouldn't work. Phone batteries are very different from the "button" batteries used in watches. We would need a nonspent lithium ion battery or a phone charger.
ENIHCAMBUS wrote:Check Wallet.

Ian checks his wallet. Its contents haven't changed since he examined them in his room: his ID card, credit card, etc. and some paper money. All useless now. For their intended use at least.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Ian: don't forget to warn Luke if you both meet Elisa in the future and he blindly run to her.

both: Examine water drasin again.
Can you escape through it? Is there way to remove grating?
Maybe it's even not water drain, maybe it's secret passage was added there by mad constructor of this building?.. :roll:
mentalEngineer
subnet technician

Post by mentalEngineer »

Ian: Take back the glasses. Use the keys to fashion (as in carve) a lock-pick out of the glasses frame and use it on the door.
Through every problem, raw persistence will prevail.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Ian: Use credit card to open the door.
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 104 wrote:Ian: don't forget to warn Luke if you both meet Elisa in the future and he blindly run to her.
That goes without saying. Ian doesn't really think that Luke would fall under such a obvious trap though. He may be worried about his mother, but he's not stupid.
Sublevel 104 wrote:both: Examine water drasin again.
Can you escape through it? Is there way to remove grating?
Maybe it's even not water drain, maybe it's secret passage was added there by mad constructor of this building?.. :roll:

Nope, unless that mad constructor was also a smurf. There's no way that Ian or Luke can fit through it. Besides, although the grate is removable, there's still that unremovable metallic sheet perfectly covering the hole.
ENIHCAMBUS wrote:Ian: Use credit card to open the door.
Good idea, but... sadly this isn't the kind of door that can be opened with a credit card: it has a deadbolt lock.
mentalEngineer wrote:Ian: Take back the glasses. Use the keys to fashion (as in carve) a lock-pick out of the glasses frame and use it on the door.
Ian takes Elisa's glasses. Luke is going to kill him for this... he cuts a leg of the frame and uses his keys to shape it into a lockpick. The problem is... although he has seen his cousin do it sometimes, that was a long time ago and Ian doesn't know how to pick a lock. He asks Luke if he knows how.

<LUKE>: Give me a minute.

Luke uses his special lockpicking technique to pick the lock without a tension wrench. After some tries, the door finally opens! :D

He opens the door just a crack to take a quick peek inside. No danger at sight. It's safe to go inside. He opens the door entirely...

mentalEngineer
subnet technician

Post by mentalEngineer »

Both: Take the flashlight and check out the other room.
Through every problem, raw persistence will prevail.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

mentalEngineer wrote:Both: Take the flashlight and check out the other room.
Ian grabs the flashlight and they both enter the room. Hopefully they will find something useful.

ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Luke: Check the flask full of nails, collect it if you can.
🧐