Pastel Community Game project and discussion

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Pastel Community Game project and discussion

Post by Vortex »

You mean you have most of it done? :O then of course we should go back to the transitions style! :D

Also, about the doc... it's strange because it doesn't work for me either, though it's the exact same link that the 'share' feature of google docs gives me.... try copying the link instead of clicking on it, that might work.

EDIT: oh, I see, it lacked the last part *oops*
here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLG ... QCaY8/edit

and yeah, I know, the characters look weird... XD but that was made some time ago, I have developed my vector-drawing skills since then. Not that they're going to appear inside the game, either (exceptuating the last scene).
dVanDaHorns
subbot maintenance

Post by dVanDaHorns »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:You mean you have most of it done? :O then of course we should go back to the transitions style! :D

Also, about the doc... it's strange because it doesn't work for me either, though it's the exact same link that the 'share' feature of google docs gives me.... try copying the link instead of clicking on it, that might work.

EDIT: oh, I see, it lacked the last part *oops*
here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLG ... QCaY8/edit

and yeah, I know, the characters look weird... XD but that was made some time ago, I have developed my vector-drawing skills since then. Not that they're going to appear inside the game, either (exceptuating the last scene).
Sweetness! Yeah, I can see the document now! Thanks!

Yeah, I am developing an engine for a rather massive PnC game I am developing. This would be a great way to test the engine, so that I can proceed with my own from there! :D
So thus is why a bunch of the code is done already. I just need to finish implementing the rotations.
The thing with them is it depends on what the artists find easier. If you guys can create 3D rooms in Flash, (using CS4+ and as3) then rotation will be a piece of cake. However, the approach I am currently working on is a bit easier, and involves using x and z dimensional movements to give a rotation appearance. I've had to put it on hold for the moment due to school, but I should be able to get back to working on it once exams are over! :D
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Add one thing to the list: Level editor. Bitches love level editor (true story)
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
dVanDaHorns
subbot maintenance

Post by dVanDaHorns »

gil2455526 wrote:Add one thing to the list: Level editor. Canines of the female gender love level editor (true story)
I don't believe you're aware how difficult it is to implement a level editor for a PnC game engine...at least using Flash. You would need someone capable of creating a program (most likely in C++ or Java) that would be user-friendly while simultaneously making sure everything's coded properly.
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

On my defense, I have 0 experience for making games.
dVanDaHorns
subbot maintenance

Post by dVanDaHorns »

gil2455526 wrote:...

On my defense, I have 0 experience for making games.
Nah, no worries! :P I assumed as much.
Heck, I have considered making Flash PnC level editors before. It takes a bit of experience to realize the improbability of it all. :P
Serrus
lost in subnet

Post by Serrus »

I could probably use hammer and SFM to render images for a map. If anyone has ideas, sketches, or plans for something, you could probably ask me about trying to make something. However, all of the item movement and triggers and stuff will have to be done by you. I'd be providing only images.
Raxas posted a forum of an old submachine: source project I had done a while back, however, the project got abandoned due to my annoyingly small attention span.
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Anyay, players love doing something else with the game than playing it. Maybe a timer?
dVanDaHorns
subbot maintenance

Post by dVanDaHorns »

Serrus wrote:I could probably use hammer and SFM to render images for a map. If anyone has ideas, sketches, or plans for something, you could probably ask me about trying to make something. However, all of the item movement and triggers and stuff will have to be done by you. I'd be providing only images.
Raxas posted a forum of an old submachine: source project I had done a while back, however, the project got abandoned due to my annoyingly small attention span.
Another friend of Raxas's?

And sure! We can probably use any help we can get!
From what I've seen, there isn't much planned just yet so...yeah.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

gil2455526 wrote:Add one thing to the list: Level editor. Bitches love level editor (true story)
You mean like MOTAS?
gil2455526 wrote:Anyay, players love doing something else with the game than playing it. Maybe a timer?
Probably, in the ending scene it could go well. But keep in mind that pnc games aren't usually very well received among the usual players nowadays, they want more action XD so better not to deviate from the standards too much.
Serrus wrote:I could probably use hammer and SFM to render images for a map. If anyone has ideas, sketches, or plans for something, you could probably ask me about trying to make something. However, all of the item movement and triggers and stuff will have to be done by you. I'd be providing only images.
That would be nice! :D
And yeah, I remember that... it was that 3D wooden Submachine 1, right?