Augustus Drawings and stuff

Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Augustus Drawings and stuff

Post by Augustus »

Okay, so I do not want to flood the drawing place since it is slightly obnoxious so I prefer to still make my own board. So I am gonna set a couple of rules for myself:

1: No more than 5 drawings a month and only one post a month.
2: Have at least 3 drawings being related to Pastel Land; Pastel Games and Matt's work and at least contain 2 different titles.

Context and other stuff:

If you want to see all my stuff DM me here or on discord, I have a Deviantart. I would prefer it not to be attached to this place due to being doxed in late 2018.

So, I deleted the last post on the Drawing board because I don't think the quality was good enough due to my create frustrations at the moment.

I hope all of this is reasonable and not obnoxious. I used to be angry when people posted comments in the terrible Covert Front void scan thing but if you want to comment then that is fine by me. I am a bit older now.

Last edited by Augustus on 24 Nov 2021 10:34, edited 2 times in total.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: Ko9's Drawings and stuff

Post by Jatsko »

Plenty of people on here already have threads for their own creative interests, so this isn't out of the way by any means. Don't feel pressured to stick to Pastel-related things just because this is Pastel Land; other people have shown work completely unrelated to the community here before too. I hope this thread gets a lot of use!
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Thanks for the kindness! :D And I don't, I tend to make a big thing separate from other stuff like once or twice a month max and I don't want to be this place a sketchbook share place more a ''This is something big'' and ''This is something related to Pastel Land''.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I would like to see 32 pictures per month. :P They all are masterpieces.
link to deviantart, please?
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Sublevel 109 wrote:They all are masterpieces.
link to deviantart, please?
Sublevel, I appreciate the kindness I really do. You're very kind. But you're not exactly neutral on the matter because you're Sublevel :D DM me on discord I'll send you a link. Please don't share it.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I am going to make a bit of a exception due to it being the first month and such...
Either way 4 selected pictures made in January of 2020:

A traditional woman and a more modern one hugging for... let's just say political reasons.

I made this one as a big project. Kind off a inception hallway meets a very brightly Winter Palace?

I drew the Titanic a couple of times, this is based on the sinking animation by Titanic Honor and Glory which is a video game in development and this is correct way instead of the 1997 Cameron pencil sinking.

This drawing is made after I was talking in a discord about her wreck and we wondered how she would have looked a year after the sinking.

Hopefully more Pastel Land stuff in February.
Last edited by Augustus on 27 Apr 2020 16:51, edited 2 times in total.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Still unable to have 5 posts, but 4 is good as well.
Either way 5 selected pictures made in February of 2020:

Another attempt at drawing the Nobleman from Daymare Town 3. I believe I have done like 7 of him by now lol.

Tried to draw anime Kara just for testing and I failed massively and I am even more aware this is not my thing lol.

Big thing one, I do not like it to much tbh.

This one is called our boys exploring Limbo. Inspired by Inception, World War One pictures of the Somme, a bit of the Beginner's Guide and Sub 7 and some inspiration from Roman archaeology... I like it when source maps almost only use assets from other places and I try to do the same with drawing. A bit like Matt using the Lighthouse Chair in Covert Front.

In other news, I am right now using the exact same nibs as Matt. Still need to do another 17 years of drawing for me to be able to compete only a bit, but the goal should be the journey, not the destination. :D
Last edited by Augustus on 27 Apr 2020 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I have been drawing a lot since the whole lockdown situation but I just did not feel it so much. My creative stuff is mediocre at best imo. However I have made some stuff I would love to share, and at some I am really proud.
:D

Fanart for Submachine 6.

A bit in the grey area. Back in 2017 I made fanart for DMT and I drew a girl in a similar style and I redrew her in 2018 and did so this month so it is kind off a progress chart :D

A Cave texture practice.

Now this beast, I am proud on this one :D This is a picture of the Chernobyl firefighters arriving at the scene. I used real pictures as a base, not artistic models made after the fact as a base for the powerplant and used the HBO mini-series as a base for the lighting. The beam is also from a real similar explosion, which has lightning through it in reality. Which is so much cooler that you would think they would made it up and it not being real except the other way around.
Last edited by Augustus on 27 Apr 2020 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

wow
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

your rendition of the girl in the gasmask, and artwork in general, has improved tremendously since 2017. good job! I'm actually a tad bit jealous, not gonna lie :D
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com