Submachine 5: the Root

The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine 5: the Root

Post by The Kakama »

So ENIH sort of lied.
The 6 vowels in malay are "a","e","e","i","o","u".
Is this my final form?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

The Kakama wrote:So ENIH sort of lied.
The 6 vowels in malay are "a","e","e","i","o","u".
Two "e"s?
Anyways, the accented or non-accented letter represent the exact same vocalic sound in Spanish, just with or without pitch, so technically there are just 5 vowels. I mean, we don't count them as letters per se, just as a mark over a letter (like... umlauts). Unlike the ñ, that we do count as a separate letter.
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

Me gusta Español.
Bender sucks
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

@Vortex: Yes, two "e"s, one "e" always sounds like the english word a ,and the other "e" always has an acute accent.
Of course, both "e"s look the same, so the only way to distinguish them is in the context.
Oh, and I mean malay only has 6 different vowel sounds, because, except e ,the vowels are alvays pronounced the same.
Eg. "a" ALWAYS sounds like "ah",except shorter.

At least we have some very funny sounding words, especiallyxif they are borrowed.
Eg . The formal pronounciation of "biologi"(malay "biology") is pronounced like be-oh-lo-gee.(and the "g" is NOT the kind that sounds like "ch")
Is this my final form?
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

...Guys, enough with the language differences before Mateusz slays us all XD
borys610

Post by borys610 »

e,ę,y,u,o,ó,a,ą,i
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

True, But Sub 1 gives a portion of what the Submachine is like. Sets the tone for the next three games.

Sub 2 with the Movement into the Lighthouse showed more of the Submachine is like. Having ancient buildings in a vast world of the Unknown. It also starts Mur Story.

Sub 3 show how not every structure in the SubNet will not always result of 2+2=4. Show the laws of physic changes at the Submachine Will. Showing the infinity of the Structure in the Submachine.

In Sub 4 gives more of the Story to Mur and what people tried to do with exploring the Submachine. Showing that the Submachine is yet to be completely Map. It also showed how each location can only be access a certain way. Also give the Player Motive of what to do next.

Sub5 the Root gave more of a structure into the SubNet. With the Root being the starting point of something. It also gave people the ability to Map relation between location within the SubNet for the First time.

Sub 6 defined the Player actual purposed of being in the Submachine for Mur. Realviling what Mur actually wanted from the Player. It also defined the two teams: Mur and Liz. The Submachine Defense capability is also defined in the Game. Showing about how much the Submachine is willing to do to protect what it wants.

Sub 7 gave a huge part of Mur story, and his relationship with Liz. Along with the present of Mur Army strengths. It also reveal Mur Karma Arm capability. When arriving at the Core, the story of the Player can continue as he tries to catch up with Mur and hopefully get to Liz before Mur.

Sub 8 gives a more wider view of how big the Submachine is with the Structure of the Layers revealed. But it also presents Mur and Liz relationship in ways the Fans have not thought of. Also showing the mental relation the Submachine has with it inhabitants. With also the Computer variable in the Creation or contribution to the Submachine.

Now Sub 0, even though the Puzzle are easy, it still reveals the ability of Control the Submachine has over the Individuals person. With the truth revealed in SNEE shows just how much the Submachine has control over people. Even when they think they have found their way to control their lives.

The Future Loop Foundation, it may be a side story, but it reveals what happens to those who get amnesia in the Submachine. Revealing sooner or later, they will remember. It doesn't even matter if its about the Player, or Mur, or one of his victims. It still shows survival in the Submachine, even after you get amnesia, it still possible to survive.

32 Chambers, again, it may be a side story, and it doesn't matter if its the Player or not, but it Defines that relationship between the Earth and the Submachine. Showing the Submachine has a kind of Guardian/Reserving purpose in relation to Earth. Revealing that there is a Earth to go to in the Submachine.

No matter what your favorite Game is, its all one story, even if you dislike parts of it. It all contribute the Story. All the gears are present, each has it purposed.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

This I like.
It makes sense.:)
borys610

Post by borys610 »

Of course, I just don't like gameplay and lack of plot in 3, and way the plot is developed in 6.
I mean it's the most obvious and common story twist in the history, when your mentor/friend/chef/authority/the one you trust turns up to be evil.
I like how it was fixed in 8.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I only have questions on your interpretations of the side-games: (we can bring this into a different thread if necessary)
Now Sub 0, even though the Puzzle are easy, it still reveals the ability of Control the Submachine has over the Individuals person. With the truth revealed in SNEE shows just how much the Submachine has control over people. Even when they think they have found their way to control their lives.
The Submachine doesn't control us. In a way, Mur did - We followed his instructions to get out of 2, 3, 4 and 5. However, if the Submachines controlled us, how would we able to get out of any of those puzzles in the first place? It would trap us there, as it's assumed it's trapped the other "The Players."
The Future Loop Foundation, it may be a side story, but it reveals what happens to those who get amnesia in the Submachine. Revealing sooner or later, they will remember. It doesn't even matter if its about the Player, or Mur, or one of his victims. It still shows survival in the Submachine, even after you get amnesia, it still possible to survive.
Amnesia by all in the SubNet isn't confirmed yet, but assuming it is, of course you're able to survive - Take the people of Layer 5 for example. Unless you're referring to those who became "The Player," then that's a different story because Mur led them to dead ends if they weren't clever enough (as we apparently are.)
32 Chambers, again, it may be a side story, and it doesn't matter if its the Player or not, but it Defines that relationship between the Earth and the Submachine. Showing the Submachine has a kind of Guardian/Reserving purpose in relation to Earth. Revealing that there is a Earth to go to in the Submachine.
I don't know how correct that answer is, while we did (temporarily) stop the "Mayan Apocalypse." However, there's more Earth to the SubNet than 32 Chambers - The Lighthouse and the Medieval Dungeons, for example. Even the Winter Palace may have been on Earth once.

Regardless, if the SubNet were a "guardian" to Earth, wouldn't that be more pronounced throughout the Series? Unless you presume that will be shown in either "The Temple" or "The Exit," or any game Mateusz creates afterwards about the Series.

Being "Guardian to Earth" seems to make sense, I like the idea, but for 32 Chambers to be a side-game and have that kind of impact on the storyline doesn't add up.

The sidegames might only be like SNEE - Not canonical (or semi-canonical, depending on if Mateusz decides to incorporate future parts of the Series into SNEE, then that comparison has no effect.)