Submachine 5: the Root

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine 5: the Root

Post by Jatsko »

Another problem noticed: If all those Sub5 Root locations are in the same coordinate, then how is it that 552 can be located so closely to 103 via (2,1)?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Hmm, I'm starting to think it may have to do with compact dimensions like in the Loop. Locations are far away in the normal coords but at the same time they're close to each other (I don't know if that makes much sense XD)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Why do I keep believing more and more that the Subnet is going to be impossible to map...even thought I don't want to...

I wonder if that Human Infestation map would help at all

Edit: Found the quote concerning Root transporters:
MS, 10 mar 2008 wrote:you're confused. devices used in root location were not portals. they were running only within ONE location - the root. right? portals move you between locations.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yeah, that was it.
I wonder if that Human Infestation map would help at all
I don't think it can, we don't know what any of the points are, they could be 90% locations unseen by us.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

MS 17 dec 2010 wrote:lighthouse is inside the core. I thought that was clear.
I've got two landmines for you to blow you away. I'm curious how nobody thought of:

1. the first submachine was built around 1900, but that's not the beginning of the submachine. that's just the beginning of the outer rim (the subnet);
So lighthouse is inside Core, but Root is in Outer Rim? And they're physically connected to each other?

Whattt
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

That's exactly the thing I've been wondering since I first read that. My theory is that the brick door between the lighthouse and the root is one of the entrances to the Core, and the theory of many people was that there's a flawed copy of the lighthouse in the Outer Rim, a part of which mutated into the Root. It's still an unsolved problem (maybe we can convince Mateusz to answer it now?).
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Yeah, that would clear things up a lot. And you're saying the flawed copy is the one with 304?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

It just ocurred to me, but it looks like a plausible explanation, I don't know. I didn't subscribe much to that theory anyways.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Vortex wrote:a plausible explanation
How many plausible explanations are there for anything about how Submachine is structured...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Was that a rhetorical question? :P