Submachine 6: the Edge

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine 6: the Edge

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

That torch was metaphorical and how would Mur give it to the outer rim in the first place? Isn't the torch recognition of the fact that humans are not the most advanced sentience known?
That what I mean. The thing that the most advanced sentience known is the Oute Rim.The person who wrote the Note admitted it, but the other Humans did not.
We humans deserted the outer rim, and the outer rim responded with deserting us.
Then why is he going after the people on Layer 5 at all? What's the point of him going to Layer 5 to get revenge, when he can exact his revenge by teaming up with the Outer Rim?
The Humans response to that answer is they ended up Deserting the Outer Rim. When Mur came to the Outer Rim. In short, the Outer Rim thought after Hearing Murtuagh story was "That It! One is enough! 2 is crossing the line".
Yes, parts of the ground are missing, not entire structures (i.e. The Lighthouse) and the dirt buried on top of them. Parts, like the floating island you showed previously.
Yes, but that Island had dirt underneath it. My point is that at one point the Lighthouse was in the Core, but when parts of the damage from Murtaugh Karma Portal started to take affect on the Winter Palace and South Garden, the Lighthouse was one of the first to get in line. We would still have seen a dirt mound or slightly elevated ground if the lighthouse was there.

I believe the Lighthouse use to be in the Area with the Tree, the Ladder was an access point into a Window of the Lighthouse.
That's another thing - Of course, while he can simply go back to the Lighthouse (if he did) and remove the notes that may have explained too much of his plan, why would he leave them at all? Of course, we're not the first "The Player," and we probably won't be the last, but, with Mur knowing that he'll have someone to (hopefully) shut off the DefSys for him, why make the note revealing everything?
To get to know him in a way. If you were in the middle of a War between a Government and the Resistances. Then you hear the Truth about the Government doing things they shouldn't; the Resistances movement motives are to stop the Government from doing the things they shouldn't. Then create a better World for everyone. Would the Player still do these things he did if he didn't know Murtaugh? Before Sub 6 and Sub 7, everyone would agree Mur was a Good guy. Because we thought we knew him.
Really? What about the rest of Liz's ship? Mateusz surely didn't show us everything there is to see in the Core, the Core can take up much more space for all we know.
REALLY, I didn't find any more doors in the Ship when I played Sub 7, did you? Liz ship doesn't even count, it not part of the Core. Its a MOBIL Lab dock next to the Winter Palace.
So his "scheme" is to say things and make us believe them when they're absolutely false? What would he get out of that? He wants to help us along in our Theory Creation (look at SNEE as an example), not lead us in the wrong direction (at least not 100% of the time.)
Too have a good laugh. A prank if you will base on our reaction to the Truth.

Main reason: He is HUMAN. You can neither trust or distrust everyone. He does CAREFULLY write his post, meaning he got something to hide. I rather go through the door that known to have a floor on the other side than the Door that SUPPOSEDLY has a floor on the other side.
Last edited by WorldisQuiet5256 on 24 Jan 2013 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

The Humans respose to that answer is they ended up Deserting the Outer Rim. When Mur came to the Outer Rim. In short, the Outer Rim thought after Hearing Murtuagh story was "Thats It! One is enough! 2 is crossing the line".
So what you're saying is, when Mur left the Lighthouse to go to the Outer Rim via:
I'm considering moving to another place next 32 days.
But after five months my isolation came to an end when they decided to bury the building. My worst fear ever was to be buried alive. But what about to be buried alive inside of a building? I didn't want to take any chances. So I'm leaving today.
I understand your desire to build another karma portal within the lighthouse. I urge you not to do this. Once you leave the core no one knows where you'll end up. The outer rim is endless. No one knows what types of mutations of submachines grew out there
After he left for the Outer Rim, the Outer Rim (which your Theory is that it's alive) wanted to scheme (as you said previously) to rid the humans altogether, being influenced by Mur?

However, my question still remains: Why go to Layer 5? So he can round up the humans and drag them to the Outer Rim? (even though they wouldn't willingly go with Mur anyway - He'll possibly have to use a Karma Portal to get them there) Or, by turning off the DefSys, not only can Mur get back into the Core, but the Outer Rim can "attack" the Core?

I don't understand Mur's motive of going to Layer 5 if your Theory that he's working with the Outer Rim is correct. And remember this note?
Murtaugh: If there's one thing I regret - it's the fact that of all people I sent to the edge no one ever came back. Not a single soul. That will haunt me for the rest of my life...
If he regrets sending people toward the Outer Rim, then he clearly doesn't want to exact revenge on the people of Layer 5 in that same manner.
Yes, but that Island had dirt underneath it. My point is that at one point the Lighthouse was in the Core, but when parts of the Damage from murtaugh Karma Portal started to take affect on the Winter Palace and South Garden, the Lighthouse was one of the First to get in line. We would still have seen a dirt mound or sligly evevated ground if the lighthouse was there.
Again, I'm sure we haven't seen everything in The Core. There are bound to be some places Mateusz hasn't shown us.

And even then, if the Lighthouse was in the Outer Rim, why haven't we seen a note explaining that the Lighthouse mysteriously disappeared due to Mur's Karma powers and it may have ended up in the Outer Rim? And how are we so sure that Mur's Karma powers allow objects and buildings to travel that far? As far as we know, only the mutations exist in the Outer Rim, everything being destroyed by Mur's Karma powers is still in The Core, even though they're floating and whatnot.
I beleave the Lighthouse use to be in the Area with the Tree, the Ladder was an access point into a Window of the Lighthouse.
If you're referring to the South Garden (flourescent tree), then what, the Lighthouse would have been in the gap where the ladder is? Another piece of evidence:
It is said that this lighthouse was built on the ruins of an medieval prison dungeon. This is one of our sightseeing attractions as you can go visit the archeological digouts in the lower sections of the lighthouse, just below the basement level. Ask your tour guide for this feature. This lighthouse was amazingly never destroyed
So the ruins were transported to the Outer Rim too? And look: The Lighthouse was amazingly never destroyed. If Mur's Karma powers moved it from The Core, how is it still intact to begin with? Eventually, his powers would've destroyed the whole Lighthouse.
To get to know him in a way. If you were in the middle of a War between a Goverment and the Resistances. Then you hear the Truth about the Goverment doing things they shouldn't; the Resistances movement motives are to stop the Govement from doing the things they shouldn't. Then create a better World for everyone. Would the Player still do these things he did if he didn't know Murtaugh? Before Sub 6 and Sub 7, everyone would agree Mur was a Good guy. Because we thought we knew him.
No, it was a rhetorical question - Mur would never leave a note explaining his plan because, like you said, he wants to earn our trust, he's not going to leave behind a note making him out to look like a bad guy.
REALLY, I didn't find any more doors in the Ship when I played Sub 7, did you? Liz ship dosent even count, it not part of the Core. Its a MOBIL Lab dock next to the Winter Palace.
Technically, it's still part of The Core then, however you look at it. Unless you have proof that Mateusz showed us everything in The Core while he confirmed the Lighthouse is in The Core, then it's still a valid thought that we haven't seen everything in The Core.
Too have a good laugh. A prank if you will base on our reaction to the Truth.
Right, because he always needs to mislead us...I don't understand why you think so, but look, if you're not going to trust what Mateusz tells us, then that's that, I can't force you to.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

However, my question still remains: Why go to Layer 5? So he can round up the humans and drag them to the Outer Rim? (even though they wouldn't willingly go with Mur anyway - He'll possibly have to use a Karma Portal to get them there) Or, by turning off the DefSys, not only can Mur get back into the Core, but the Outer Rim can "attack" the Core?

I don't understand Mur's motive of going to Layer 5 if your Theory that he's working with the Outer Rim is correct. And remember this note?

The Others decide to Abandoned the Submachine all at once, Sub 10 is called The Exit. The Other head back home, Mur Followed.
Murtaugh: If there's one thing I regret - it's the fact that of all people I sent to the edge no one ever came back. Not a single soul. That will haunt me for the rest of my life...
Mur never plan this in the beginning, the Outer Rim did. He thought it would go the way he wanted, but now he is stating to doubt.
So the ruins were transported to the Outer Rim too? And look: The Lighthouse was amazingly never destroyed. If Mur's Karma powers moved it from The Core, how is it still intact to begin with? Eventually, his powers would've destroyed the whole Lighthouse.
Truth be told, we just know the parts of the Winter Palace, and the South Garden are not there.
So when things started to collapse, why certain bits and pieces got left behind?
They just stayed in place...

And why those in particular?
What she could mean is that the Structural Foundation started to fall apart. The Building on top fell in, like a sinkhole. Only instead of a ground inside the hole, its a hole leading into the Outer Rim.
Right, because he always needs to mislead us...I don't understand why you think so, but look, if you're not going to trust what Mateusz tells us, then that's that, I can't force you to.
Oh no, I trust Materusz completely. I just don't trust the talk, only the Work. I will keep Questioning everything until the Answer present itself, and whether or not I was right, and you owe me Five Dollars.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Oh no, I trust Materusz completely. I just don't trust the talk, only the Work. I will keep Questioning everything until the Answer present itself, and whether or not I was right, and you owe me Five Dollars.
Why do you trust the work then? Why do you presume it is something else than a mere hallucination? It is weird enough, although self-consistent, like our reality.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

The Others decide to Abandoned the Submachine all at once, Sub 10 is called The Exit. The Other head back home, Mur Followed.
They abandoned the Outer Rim, not the SubNet completely - Otherwise, why would they be in Layer 5, which is in the SubNet?

And we don't know for sure if that really is what "The Exit" will entitle, but we know we may not follow them in - Remember the iSubmachine trailer (I'll quote it if you don't know what I'm talking about.)
Mur never plan this in the beginning, the Outer Rim did. He thought it would go the way he wanted, but now he is stating to doubt.
But we don't know that, or even the thought that the Outer Rim is alive.
What she could mean is that the Structural Foundation started to fall apart. The Building on top fell in, like a sinkhole. Only instead of a ground inside the hole, its a hole leading into the Outer Rim.
And that's why the Void is in its place, because the Lighthouse went to the Outer Rim and made a sort-of wormhole leading there? Interesting thought, but again can't be confirmed nor debunked.
I will keep Questioning everything until the Answer present itself, and whether or not I was right, and you owe me Five Dollars.
We'll see, lol.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Worldisquiet sems to be obsesed with that note of sub7. He thinks that the Outer Rim is evil, he wants to destroy the Outer Rim.

BTW. Mr. Skutnik stated more than 3 times that the edge is at the edge of all the entire subnet.
His question was if it works indoors or outdoors. I think that both.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

OOOOOOH.
M'Head is breaking.

Link please?
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

He thinks that the Outer Rim is evil, he wants to destroy the Outer Rim
Which note would this be? I don't remember a Note even referencing anything close to the Theory that the Outer Rim is sentient.
BTW. Mr. Skutnik stated more than 3 times that the edge is at the edge of all the entire subnet.
If you could please find this post. It's not in Forum Posts.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Rooster5man wrote:
He thinks that the Outer Rim is evil, he wants to destroy the Outer Rim
Which note would this be? I don't remember a Note even referencing anything close to the Theory that the Outer Rim is sentient.
If you could please find this post. It's not in Forum Posts.
The 43 one in 859.

The quote is somewhere, but not as an entire post as well i remember.
Side note: Why antena post is repeated 2 times?
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:The quote is somewhere, but not as an entire post as well i remember.
Well, we thought that too but we didn't find the quote, so we asked Mateusz like a week ago (in this thread, in page 2 and 3), and he answered:
MateuszSkutnik wrote:I exercise my right to remain silent.
EDIT:
Side note: Why antena post is repeated 2 times?
where's that post?