Ko9 wrote:Ehm no, btw fuck you :P
what, did I getcha? :P
Yeah, :C
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Submachine 6: the Edge

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Question I brought up since the day of release of Submachine 6:

Question about ambient "Edge outside". It plays when you're in rooms with black void.

Since the very first play of this game, after I exited menu and entered gameplay part, my ears got hurt after my PC speakers started to emit awful sounds like when you use nail on blackboard, and these sounds lasted from 3rd second of ambient till last 3 seconds. I had to make volume to the lowest level to stop such sounds, and for long time period, I had to play Submachine 6 with quiet music when I passed through exterior parts of the Edge.
Long time later, after I got headphones, I played S6 and relized that that horrible noises are gone, but... In the same ambient time period, from 3rd second till last 3 seconds, white noise can be heard
And almost 10 years later (my subgod! Time runs like hell...), each time I play S6, I have such problems with this ambient.

I remember I told about this problem in the very first days of being here on forum (actually, after I was responded on that question, I got headphones), but many years later I want to ask everyone:
Do you have the same problems with listening this ambient?
If yes - do you have an idea, why that happens? Till this day, I can't stop to think that this sound is just broken and was uploaded to game... Dammit, wind edge sounds would be cool, but due to this problem this track is placed at the very bottom of my top list of 104 tracks from Submachine OST.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

What is the name of the track?
Options are for Sub 6:
"Menu" - Menu
"The space" - Cliffs
"The structure" - Lobby
"Deep down alt" - Tunnels
"The hardware" - System
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I described it: it is what you hear right after you click "Play" in main menu, when you float in Mover through the void, when you are passing black void sections outside the Edge through the game.
I believe it's called The Space then. Long time before it was called Edge Exterior on Subwiki, I don't rememeber how tracks are called in HD versions. :)
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I never had problems with it, at least in Submachine 6 (I recall that happening in SubVerse, but it was fixed).
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:I never had problems with it, at least in Submachine 6 (I recall that happening in SubVerse, but it was fixed).
so, you listen this track in Sub6 without any white noise since third second of track? And no cracking in speakers?
Hmm, I played Submachine in at least 4PCs, and on three PCs I had speakers, and on two PCs I had headphones (I am writing from job office, while listening this damn track with headphones right now, and at my home), and everywhere I had cracking or white noise. гг that's weird.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Maybe it's a buggy sound file? Did you ever try redownloading the game?