Submachine 6: the Edge

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Submachine 6: the Edge

Post by Sublevel 113 »

well, old good SWF games in internet doesn't need to be downloaded. :D I play only them.

About Su6 HD... hmm, I believe, I didn't have to redownload it. I had to redownload only Sub7HD and Sub8 HD as I remember.

Ok, I will check new files in SubHD, but it doesn't explain why each flash version in internet plays with buggy sound for me.

Hmm, maybe Russian (Chinese, actually...) PC equipment is to be blamed? It just can't handle holy Sub6 ambients. :mrgreen:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Oh, well I guess I would try clearing out your Flash settings, etc. Maybe post a video of the problem to your YT channel and see if the playback captures it?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

@Apo:

Nah, sound from HD is still the same...

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQRTpELo0KM

:D

Iwanted to record sound from actual game, but at the last work day at the job I decided to listen the whole subsoundtrack, and youtube search placed your video at the very top, and how convenient, this damn track was the first one.

And funny, how this track and one comment from Chryo made me to enter Discord. Just like Ak+Soallock and his rocket ladder made me to enter the forum...
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Ok, the video pretty much confirms it's your speakers. Idk how you have them set up, if you're doing bass boosting or something, but that's the sound of your speakers being maxed out or something similar. I wondered briefly if that was the problem when you said it disappeared with headphones.

As for the "white noise", I'm assuming you're talking about the higher-pitched frequency that also plays during this track, and yeah, that's part of the track. Always has been, even if it's more subtle.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Speakers are in the same volume level as always. :(
The same happens with speakers of my brother in different city. And I believe I didn't play Sub6 without headphones anywhere else, so...
Apocryphactor wrote:As for the "white noise", I'm assuming you're talking about the higher-pitched frequency that also plays during this track, and yeah, that's part of the track. Always has been, even if it's more subtle.
possibly... through the whole track, I hear high pitched sounds of wind and every-second whistling sounds, but the point is that first three and last three seconds of track have a perfect crystal clear sound, and that loud whistles doesn't disturb my ears, but then this white noise happens that interrupts cool music. :/
Well, if it's part of track, then well, I just consider it as one of least favorites, and won't bother this question anymore.

Thank you very much for response! :)
Mr. Trapezoid
lost in subnet

Post by Mr. Trapezoid »

Dungeon Graph: Submachine 6

Last edited by Mr. Trapezoid on 05 Nov 2018 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Trapezoid
lost in subnet

Post by Mr. Trapezoid »

How the graph works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4GLH03gyA

Personal notes:

Submachine 6 opens with a cinematic, followed by the player being forced to submit all their key items from the previous entry. It isn't until the player find a hidden pipe system behind a cliff that the first true key is introduced: the key card. Such a long winded opening might not mesh well with the original entries, but submachine 5's minute long mission sequence helps ease this shift in focus from puzzles to cinematic storytelling.

After this, the player must complete two challenges: Spin a wheel to open up a new passage and unlock a set of barricades blocking an exit point. The player can also find the Egyptian themed room but it doesn't find its use until later.
After using the key card the player must disable an electrical circuit before obtaining a box. Take this back to the egyptian room and you've got yourself the connection pod: the main mechanic item of the sixth entry. Now the player can bypass the security measures of the edge!

...and that completes the game. The connection pod solves all the locks throughout the rest of this entry. You will need to flip some switches and turn some nodes and whatnot but as far as keys and locks go, this is where the game concludes.

Submachine 6: The Edge expands the cinematic storytelling of the series and provides vital word building. As far as dungeon design is concerned, this is the most basic graph the series has ever seen. The edge offers a streamlined key lock experience with one point of backtracking to get the connection pod. After obtaining the pod the game reverts back to simple hurdles and cinematic storytelling.

Tune in tomorrow for the dungeon graph breakdown of Submachine: 32 Chambers