layer restorer

Re: Submachine Universe

Post by Sublevel 113 »

finally! I can read it! :3
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

just returned from seeing Mateusz's last livestream.

what if we make a collective fan-made Pastel location fanart? :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

:3

however Jatsko and some other users have awesome fanarts here
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

yeah, I thought about that. Though Jatsko's fanarts are already so perfectly and incredibly imitating Submachine's art that I fear we would see nothing new XD

Almost all fanarts from the fanart threads would be worthy of being Skutnicized, but since Mateusz is probably going to pick only 1 or 2 to draw, I felt like it would be fairer if we agree on a room together or something. But perhaps it's better that we leave it as a personal matter, it's up to you guys to decide :P
RockyOceanK
subbot maintenance

Post by RockyOceanK »

I agree we do smth together as well.
I hit rock bottom
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I don't really feel like submitting any ideas, but if you want I could make sketches of what you want a room/whatever to look like (to post here); that way we could take care of general placement of objects and stuff and then send it to Mat to fill in the rest :D
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Thanks! :D

hmm... the things I'd like there to be are things never seen before in Submachine. For example, I loved the look of snow in the CHR location when it was released, and I used lava in my 032 location.

Also, maybe a cool thing to show would be the Lighthouse before being buried in sand, with the sea and everything, as it appears in Sub10's Basement Exit.

btw, it's better that we think of a location unrelated to the forum and then maybe add a small reference. I tried to draw a Pastel Forum based location sketch and it turned out lame XD

-
-
-

EDIT: if you want, we could also hold a vote on existent fan locations. Apart from Jatsko's, ones that I like a lot are from Kakama:

especially the second one :D
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Have someone throw up a new poll in the poll thread!
Vortex wrote:hmm... the things I'd like there to be are things never seen before in Submachine. For example, I loved the look of snow in the CHR location
Doesn't that mean...it was seen before in Submachine? XD
Vortex wrote:and I used lava in my 032 location.
Same here, in my 200 - Incinerator location. Two different looks, maybe he could do a combo of the two? :D
Vortex wrote:Also, maybe a cool thing to show would be the Lighthouse before being buried in sand, with the sea and everything, as it appears in Sub10's Basement Exit.
This was actually the first idea I had for my 454 - Lighthouse Entrance location, with a nice greenery and an electric fence around the outside, but I had already done the fence for another location, and something about having us OUTSIDE THE LIGHTHOUSE and being so close to certain escape was too scary for me :P

Vortex wrote:btw, it's better that we think of a location unrelated to the forum and then maybe add a small reference. I tried to draw a Pastel Forum based location sketch and it turned out lame XD
pfft sketches are supposed to be good?? I think it's fine. Maybe I'll make one small suggestion and say that the PLF logo end up engrained in the wall, sorta like Sublevel's rabbit or the Prince logo design. I've always liked that look.

But other than that, no ideas. I'll see if I can make another sketch with lava and stuff.