Submachine Universe

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Submachine Universe

Post by Vortex »

Have someone throw up a new poll in the poll thread!
But we'd have to decide which fanarts are the "nominees" before making the options, not?
Doesn't that mean...it was seen before in Submachine? XD
Well, it was new at the time :P
Same here, in my 200 - Incinerator location. Two different looks, maybe he could do a combo of the two? :D
Why not :​D
Maybe I'll make one small suggestion and say that the PLF logo end up engrained in the wall, sorta like Sublevel's rabbit or the Prince logo design. I've always liked that look.
that's a good idea, whatever the location we choose it won't mess with the room layout.
But other than that, no ideas. I'll see if I can make another sketch with lava and stuff.
Great! :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

our picture can't live without these components:

watermelons

and popcorn machine

8-)

------
also, maybe we should move this discussion to fanart thread, for example?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

so... lava, watermelons, popcorn machine? I can't even imagine something that blends all that XD

Anyways, let's move the discussion to the Submachine Fanarts thread.

EDIT: ninjad XD
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

[from http://pastelland.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 264#p79264]

Submachine Universe HD discussion - GameMaker or Flash?

Obviously Mateusz has stated that he wants to move away from Flash gaming. Here's the most recent relevant quote:
Mateusz Skutnik wrote: The problem is: I'm moving away from flash. And it's kind of successful (mission to the sun is the proof of that).

Further subnet expansion would require me to step back from game maker to flash again.

:/

That's tough.
Mat may have said that GM is a very similar coding style to Flash, at least from what we've heard, but still...rewriting the mechanics of 100+ locations?

And then, will he have to update it for BOTH platforms, if he's still going to update the online version as well in tandem?

Unless the online version will stay as is, and people who don't pay will not get the future updates.

Either way, he has to rewrite the biggest installment of the Submachine series.

So let's say he chooses not to rewrite it. Then that means that he'll continue to update just the online version in Flash. Except...why would he have any drive to do that, now that he's advanced forward with GM?

Does that even make an update still likely? I mean, he's said that SubVerse HD is
2015 wrap-up wrote:Yes, I did do that. You haven’t seen it yet, true, but it’s there. Done and ready to be delivered...the Submachine Universe HD will be expanded even more.
Presumably in a Flash executable.

...see the problem?
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Ever heared of converting Jatsko? :D Well that is my theory on this.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Not sure how you would do a direct one-step conversion from Flash to GM, but then again, I'm not an expert in any of this XD
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I don't think it will be that hard to copypaste SubLocations into GM, the hard part will be redesigning the Float Engine.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

It would be cool if SNEE HD would have layers in time and would cover all locations in SUB ever. Yes and ISUB to.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

well, that would in part defeat the point of having separate games, not? Also we already have all the game notes in the Collector's room.
RockyOceanK
subbot maintenance

Post by RockyOceanK »

I bet it's not necessary,but what if Mateuz decides to have SNEE HD (and propably the engine [?]) as his last game(s) developed in Flash? Submachine so far has come from Flash and soon Mateuz is going to stop making more of it as well. I believe that leaving Submachine comes along with leaving Flash.
I said it's not necessary for that to happen but still :/
Unless he keeps making more locations and stuff to experiment.
I hit rock bottom