Submachine 9: the Temple

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine 9: the Temple

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

But we can now understand one thing for sure.
Murtaugh is not evil. He is Focus, but we now at least understand the important of his ability, he simple lost his ability to remain "One dimensionality".
Plus, we know someone is playing the field. The Eight button was hidden at the core of the temple. We though Murtaugh was chasing Liz from the Winter Palace, thus we presume the Navigator was left behind by Liz. But sense the eighth button was left in place inside a massive vault, someone is playing the field, the only question remains is who?

By the way, I like your idea about Hindu religion, but it is clear that is not the only religion in this equation. Both tombs of Liz and Mur were Egyptian sarcophagus. Plus, the "Path of Mur" was "Corrupted". I mean the one tower path we could not take.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

If you've read this far, you've probably finished the game, so I won't bother with spoiler code.

Lots of other Submachine references: For example, the tiles from The Basement, plus the "Seven arms" fact reminded me of the device in Mur's bedroom in The Lighthouse.

I thought the Eighth Layer, from this ending, is the amalgamation of all seven layers, aka MUR's reality. (I didn't read through the rest of this thread yet, so forgive me if this has already been theorized/made fact.)

I have to say I got NEARLY completed with the game when I started using the Walkthrough...I was very surprised with myself for that.

All in all, I have to say job well done as always, well worth the wait, mindblowing as always, let's hope we can get some new theories in before The Exit reveals most everything.

But seeing Mur and Liz's tombs, seeing them mummified (...if that really is them...), and this whole Shiva aspect (who I knew was a Hindu God, but perhaps I should research more to find out why exactly Shiva's added to the plotline...) is some really interesting stuff.

Also, hi.

Edit: Also, how can we access our secrets?
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Rooster5man wrote:Edit: Also, how can we access our secrets?
There's secret somewhere in the Temple. You just have to find it :D

Hint: It's in one of the Layers.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I'm wondering how the Layer 3 looks now, the "Cog Trees" basically doesn't show much of destruction, but they are named as ruins, so perpaps their are a remaining location of that Layer as their is more Void there than Layer 1.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

I must disengage my fanboy mode to form coherent sentences for this, but gosh was this worth my money. There was so much plot, so much. The set up is interesting though, who would create this temple for Elizabeth the Merciful and Murtaugh the Powerful? Was it their cult, who perfected the use of karma, or who? Clearly someone who wants people to know. It is a lot to take in, it will take a while.

Anyway, I loved this game. For some reason it was pretty easy for me, maybe I've just got used to the Mateusz style of puzzle building or something. That was a good thing though, since the game was clearly more story driven than, say, the last one where you find out things, but they aren't necessarily connected coherently, like the "notes" in this one were. It was nice to find out things in a relatively quickly manner – though I admit I got stuck at the bottom of the temple once or twice. I didn't need to use a walkthrough though, yes!

The art and music were gorgeous, although the detailed ornaments of the temple caused the game to lag quite a bit, which was a bit annoying. Still, great work.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

That part of the bridge lagged to much to my, but the details worth the lag. :)
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:if Mur is dead.

Who created the Karma Portal in the mover?
green karma portals aren't by Mur, I think. They might be from someone else. That leads us to Worldisquiet and Anteroinen's question... who?
Rooster5man wrote:If you've read this far, you've probably finished the game, so I won't bother with spoiler code.

Lots of other Submachine references: For example, the tiles from The Basement, plus the "Seven arms" fact reminded me of the device in Mur's bedroom in The Lighthouse.

I thought the Eighth Layer, from this ending, is the amalgamation of all seven layers, aka MUR's reality. (I didn't read through the rest of this thread yet, so forgive me if this has already been theorized/made fact.)

I have to say I got NEARLY completed with the game when I started using the Walkthrough...I was very surprised with myself for that.

All in all, I have to say job well done as always, well worth the wait, mindblowing as always, let's hope we can get some new theories in before The Exit reveals most everything.

But seeing Mur and Liz's tombs, seeing them mummified (...if that really is them...), and this whole Shiva aspect (who I knew was a Hindu God, but perhaps I should research more to find out why exactly Shiva's added to the plotline...) is some really interesting stuff.

Also, hi.

Edit: Also, how can we access our secrets?
Hi back!

About the eight layer being the sum of all layers, I thought that too, but a secret seems to debunk it. It says it's a layer of light, which makes sense if we think of it as the "illumination" Murtaugh reached, which in turns hints to the last secret :P
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I finished...
I can't say anything. My head is blown.

Btw, everyone noticed differences in submachineworld?
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Sublevel 102 wrote:My head is blown.
my work is done. :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

my work is done.
and my GREATEST THANKS to you for that, sir.
:)

I still need to find all secrets. REPLAYING TIME!