Submachine 9: the Temple

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Submachine 9: the Temple

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Ok, there is my mark to game:

Puzzles:
Well... I played quest games too much, especially the hardest game series, DayMare Town, so puzzles of Sub9 were extra easy. I noticed in last subgames secret puzzles are twice harder in difficulty than simple plot puzzles, and I can't decide - is it better or worse. (Anyway, I solved that puzzles fast as well)

HOWEVER:
I still think each next game of series should be a bit harder. So...

Plot:
MINDBLOW
That is why I so like this game. Thousand questions came to us since first games of series have finally started to crush in pieces, giving us ANSWERS.
My expectations about this game were fulfilled completely.

Music:
I can't say any bad word about this greatest music ambience. IN EVERY GAME (yes, even in Basement).

And again: Thank you for sound from Lighthouse, Mateusz! I was freaked out again. And I enjoyed that moment!

Impressions
I can't remember I got such impressions since Submachine 2: The Lighthouse, and a bit of Submachine 3 and Submachine 4. (Sub7 and Sub8 amazed me, but not such!!!)

Size:
Yeah, that was bigger than previous game. Every screen is drawn very well, so number of rooms is ok.
However, ~360 rooms like in SNEE would be better...

lol, jokes

Game time is normal as well.

Final Mark:
I F*CKING LOVE IT!!!

This game is better than Sub5 and Sub7 and Sub8 (games that I prefer more than Sub3, Sub6 and Sub8)! So, I place it to my TRIUMVIRATE OF BEST SUBGAMES, along with Submachine 1, Submachine 2 and Submachine 4.

See you in Exit!
I hope it will contain 320 rooms...
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 15 Mar 2014 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

By the way, we still don't know who is Alexander.
Or do we?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

RuloCore wrote:By the way, we still don't know who is Alexander.
Or do we?
We do.
Subgod wrote:Jeez you guys with Alexander and the knot.

The game was making a simple reference to Alexander the Great cutting the Gordian Knot in half, which ties to the notes' several mentions of the knot metaphors. No need to over-analyzing it. What you need to analyze instead is the knot metaphor itself with the Loop.

Thank you.
:D
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

yeah, Mateusz confirmed it.
RomaH
lost in subnet

Post by RomaH »

Completed. And got a lot of emotions. One of them - shock. By the way, the game was not very difficult and I passed it without even reading the clues. Well, now my emotions. Naturally SPOILERS:
Story - there are many answers, but as always there are more questions. What about this whole idea with the time - yang really understand its essence, probably due to the fact that I was really surprised by the release of this part. Still sitting with goosebumps all over his back and in a state of shock. One of the most amazing sights were - naturally tombs of Murtaugh and Elizabeth.

Summary.
The game turned out a masterpiece. The truth is it is not too difficult puzzle, but it does not degrade the game. Plot it is just awesome, the music too. In general, the game is a masterpiece.

I hope that in the 10th part, we answer all the questions (do not know how, but I hope) . :)
Thank you.
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

Pour Karmic Water On Everything: The Game, aka Magical Fluid Dynamics Simulator.
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.
azareus
subbot maintenance

Post by azareus »

Vurn wrote:Pour Karmic Water On Everything: The Game, aka Magical Fluid Dynamics Simulator.
The Plot is the Secrets: The Game

Additionally, SubX would be best if it had the title "The Exit: Please Wait While We Explain Everything (Watermelons included!)"

Finally, this game was pretty sweet except the few puzzles that seemed less than obvious. 9/10, would play again.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Vurn wrote:Pour Karmic Water On Everything: The Game, aka Magical Fluid Dynamics Simulator.
I tried to pour karma water over the Murtaugh mummy, but he didn't come back to life... shame.
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

I suck at difficult puzzles but I would like #Submachine10 would have some of them. Some very difficult puzzles.
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

Secrets listed, in my opinion, from easiest to hardest.
By "easiest to hardest", I'm talking about effort, possibility of screwing up, etc.
1) Secret/Sacred Cow. What to do is obviou if you check the statues.
2) Ring bells to give statue earrings Secret. Easy enough; hitting bells with the hammer, but if you don't know about the earrings, you can miss it.
3) T-Pipe Secret. Possible to miss pouring karmic water into the bowl with the Brass Sphere early on, like I did. Other than that, easy to put seals together.
4) Brass Scale Pipe Secret. Scale easily missable if you aren't looking for it. Otherwise easy.
5) Ladder rung in Layer 4 device Secret. Because of screwing up easily early on.