Submachine 9: the Temple

Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Re: Submachine 9: the Temple

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

Also, if I remember correctly, there was a layer-switching sound at the end of Sub 4. I think that sound was us switching to layer 3.
Submachine Achievements:
Pastel Land Achievements 1: 71 achievements, 1,052,095 points
Pastel Land Achievements 2:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

If you don't mind I'm still going to play Devil's Advocate :D I'm excited that people like you are making these theories, so I hope that my input will help us both.
Thegeniusyosh wrote:Also, the mover in Sub 9 is shown to be in the middle of the void. I don't think any maintenance carts would be docked in the middle of the void. Unless it was being moved.by other movers, like in Submachine 6. The 2 blue movers moving the grey mover aren't going back to the Corridor. They're going to the left, which is the void. It would be impossible to fit the grey mover in the corridor with the configuration of blue movers in Submachine 6. The grey mover would be almost in the Corridor, but not quite.
True, I think we could predict it would land right next to the opening of the docking point in the corridor. I don't think it's a big stretch of the imagination to assume that other tweaks to the path could make the blue cubes push the mover back into the S1 slot.
Thegeniusyosh wrote:I think that the blue movers left the grey mover in the void.
Ok, but you just said the mover would be *almost* at the corridor. So it's not just out in the Void somewhere.

My rationale for this is that if the System has notification alerts and can carry them out to intercept the mover, there's no reason to believe that it won't immediately return it to where it came from just because we don't see it happen.
Thegeniusyosh wrote:Also, if I remember correctly, there was a layer-switching sound at the end of Sub 4. I think that sound was us switching to layer 3.
I just checked the HD version and the SD version; neither have the sound, and even if they did there's no proof that layer 3 is the layer we switch to.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

The blue movers weren't going to the corridor anyways. They were heading left. And from what I can tell, left from the area where the mover was moved is the Outer Rim. Maybe it "crashed" into the green karma portal that we see near the end of Sub9?
Submachine Achievements:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

No, I think heading left is the same as heading toward the corridor. Maybe I can find a way to illustrate this.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

The corridor was down-left. The blue movers holding the grey mover we're going up-left.
Submachine Achievements:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I would have to disagree; I'll see if I can find a way to draw out how I interpret it.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

How?
Submachine Achievements:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Haven't figured that out yet. Maybe I'll draw a picture/diagram or make a small video. Seems like it's an issue of looking at the perspectives of the intro scene..
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

But is it possible for the mover in Sub9 to be the same one as the one in subs 5 and 6?
Submachine Achievements:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Technically yes, and I'm not saying it isn't. However typically if you make a claim you have to back that claim up with evidence that proves it. Doesn't mean if you can't prove it then it is not true though.