Submachine 10: the Exit

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Submachine 10: the Exit

Post by Vortex »

Probably that this is not exactly Earth, but a parallel history/alien planet. But it's strange, with so many stuff and religions from our world...

Also, better put it in spoiler, in case there's people that haven't got to the ending yet.
PowersOf32
lost in subnet

Post by PowersOf32 »

Great game, love it! Tons of locations, clever puzzles, creepy soundtrack, more interactivity and the fantastic ending - all in this game is ideal. Mateusz, you surpassed yourself! You once again proved that flash games may be the art. Thank you for this brilliant series, I really love it.
Stay with Submachine for 7 years and very glad that this big journey is finished. Waiting for Submachine: Engine and future projects. Also, now we know the look of Mur and Liz! YAY! I always know that someday we'll see real people in the submachine.
Last edited by PowersOf32 on 30 Dec 2015 23:23, edited 5 times in total.
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

--
Last edited by Boingo on 24 Dec 2015 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

It may or may not be a glitch, but when you move away from the cliffs area where you trade the fuse for the portable light crown converter, you can see the converter even after you've removed it.
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

Well, I made it.

Wow. That was an adventure.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Boingo wrote:It may or may not be a glitch, but when you move away from the cliffs area where you trade the fuse for the portable light crown converter, you can see the converter even after you've removed it.
Yeah it's a known glitch, Mateusz has said he'll fix it by next week.
PowersOf32 wrote:5. Layers. There are 7 main layers(and 8th layer of light). What is situation with sub-layers? Are they exist? I think I didn't get it in the game.
And logically, there are 7 alternate dimensions/universes there? Layer where OR doesn't exist, home layer of Mur and so on. I always thought that there are infinite number of alternate universes. So are there only 7 universes, where the Core was created?
Here's how I think of it:

Imagine a line (or a circle!) with 7 marked points. Those 7 points are the layers, and every point in the segments between each main layer is a sub-layer. That way the layer dimension is a proper, continuous dimension or axis. This is supported by the five dimensions note (3 spatial + 1 temporal + 1 layer axis), and by "how many numbers between 0 and 1" note; if you imagine the real number line, or rather a segment of it from 1 to 7, the integers would be the layers.

By the way, I'm making a theory out of this, including where the 8th layer fits into all this. It's the one that will perhaps be in the possible 2016 SubVerse update to the CAT room, if Mateusz agrees.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

When I still thought that Submachine in Layer 1 was underground (Which it really was), I thought void was actualy darkness of huge cave, which actualy makes sence with such locations such as 103, 399 or 552 which have stalagmites on them, plus the flourecent plantae in the Southern Gardens. :P

We now understand that the plan was to make so that each location in the Sublayers would be structuraly identical to its respective main layer, when the plan was lost lost locations within Sublayers of a main Layer started to differ, this explain the 3 different itterations of, for example, The Cliffs that we visited in Sub6, Sub10 and SubVerse respectively. :P
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
PowersOf32
lost in subnet

Post by PowersOf32 »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:When I still thought that Submachine in Layer 1 was underground (Which it really was), I thought void was actualy darkness of huge cave, which actualy makes sence with such locations such as 103, 399 or 552 which have stalagmites on them, plus the flourecent plantae in the Southern Gardens. :P
Maybe gardens were created underground via special technologies and remained there, as well as Root because it is the Core. But another locations with void in the background are floating in separate pocket dimension because they were adopted/created by submachine.
But also, how cool were 4th dynasty technologies? They created all that floating gardens, flora and probably... the plan?
Vortex wrote:Here's how I think of it
Thanks, I think I'm beginning to understand.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

bug?:
Anyone had cog wheel bug? After several replays, now I can't insert it...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yes, several people had it. We must tell Mateusz to fix it before he releases the new version with other fixed bugs.

EDIT: I reported it.