Submachine 9 theories and suggestions

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine 9 theories and suggestions

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

OK now I remember.

The physical part of the SubNet, it serves the same function as say the balcony inside a Dark Cave with a Bottomless Pit. You build the Balcony so that you can walk around the area with ease so you do not fall into the never ending pit. The layers in the X,Y, place: the ability to move up, down, left, right, like we do in each layer, has the same function as a Balcony: it keeps you from falling into the endless Black Void. The Ghost Layer you describe is like the Balcony being built over the Bottomless Pit. You ease over to attach another board over the one your on until you reach the other side of the Cave with the bottomless pit under you.

Now the Z axis over each layer, I think they build physical structure over different parts of the Black Void. Like each layer is in tune with a different chemical, or atomic structure presented inside the Black Void. Similar to how there are different kinds of physical or chemical objects in Space, there are Meteors made of different material, or Gas Planet are made of different types of Gases. But the different must be on reality size scale. You can't just simply go around it if its all around you.

The only reason I think that they built physical structure more than just one layer probably has something to do with balances the presents of Liz, Mur, or whoever being there inside the Subnet. Kind of like if you want to stand on a bridge over a cliff you have to have all parts of the bridge connected, if one part isn't it will collapses.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

The Abacus wrote:
Anteroinen wrote:
having found the Navigator (without knowing it's specific use), who discovered that you can be in the same "geotag," but not the same Layer.
Possible, although that begs the question - where did the device come from. One could just say that layers always existed - or at least preceded all intelligent species - they are dimensions after all, not objects.
Maybe the Submachine or Subnet created it. We know it built subbots and a large amount of structures we see in the Subnet, so why can't it build the navigator? Or possibly it was originally a device for subbots and, similarly to the portals, was re-engineered (in this case not necessarily reverse-engineered as the people who wrote the note didn't seem to know the navigator's function) for use by humans.
If this is a double post, I apologize (too lazy to check... I was reading backwards...).

It seems to me that Liz made the Layer device. She just cobbled it together for us real quick, with her mad submachine programing skills (see my most recent theory! Oooo, more blatant self advertising! XP ). It's hanging right there off her escape pod after all, right?

Edit: and if I may say so guys, it may be that trying to draw pictures of how the 7 layers interact is a bit pointless, like trying to draw diagrams of quantum physics events. It will only confuse the intuitively 3D part of your brain and make you draw false conclusions. Maybe. XP But... I still think the layers are knit together by beamers kind of like a quilt, and quite possible that can only happen because of the physics altering power of the submachines.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

The physical part of the SubNet, it serves the same function as say the balcony inside a Dark Cave with a Bottomless Pit. You build the Balcony so that you can walk around the area with ease so you do not fall into the never ending pit. The layers in the X,Y, place: the ability to move up, down, left, right, like we do in each layer, has the same function as a Balcony: it keeps you from falling into the endless Black Void. The Ghost Layer you describe is like the Balcony being built over the Bottomless Pit. You ease over to attach another board over the one your on until you reach the other side of the Cave with the bottomless pit under you.
Well, no, not really....The balcony is X and Y, I follow that, but traveling into the bottomless bit is in the Z-Axis. Imagine Ant's picture: The first layer is the Balcony. Basically, traveling to another layer is moving down into the bottomless pit. And you can't extend the boundaries of the balcony because the balcony's surrounded by (let's say) wall. The only way to do anything is make a hole in the balcony to go either up or down (in the Z-Axis.)

Edit: By breaking the wall, you're breaking The Plan.
The only reason I think that they built physical structure more than just one layer probably has something to do with balances the presents of Liz, Mur, or whoever being there inside the Subnet. Kind of like if you want to stand on a bridge over a cliff you have to have all parts of the bridge connected, if one part isn't it will collapses.
Funny enough, RedAfro nearly theorized that same exact thing, it all seems to remind me of -ak-'s Dimensional Pathway Theory.
If this is a double post, I apologize (too lazy to check... I was reading backwards...).
I actually commented on it before, but feel free to share your take :P
It seems to me that Liz made the Layer device. She just cobbled it together for us real quick, with her mad submachine programing skills (see my most recent theory! Oooo, more blatant self advertising! XP ). It's hanging right there off her escape pod after all, right?
Are we so sure that is her Escape Pod? But you may be right. Regardless, the Navigator's capabilities must have existed before, or else no one would know the Layers existed whatsoever - She must have had the only Navigator and decided to throw one together for us.
Edit: and if I may say so guys, it may be that trying to draw pictures of how the 7 layers interact is a bit pointless, like trying to draw diagrams of quantum physics events. It will only confuse the intuitively 3D part of your brain and make you draw false conclusions. Maybe. XP But... I still think the layers are knit together by beamers kind of like a quilt, and quite possible that can only happen because of the physics altering power of the submachines.
That's all your Theory though :P There's more than one explanation, as you're aware :P
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

That might be, but at least I got the point accross. =P

Are we so sure that is her Escape Pod? But you may be right. Regardless, the Navigator's capabilities must have existed before, or else no one would know the Layers existed whatsoever - She must have had the only Navigator and decided to throw one together for us.
I guess it is relatively likely that it was her escape pod, although admittably proof is pending. I will have to agree though, she could've made it for us in hurry; that would explain why it looks so horrible.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Anteroinen wrote:
That might be, but at least I got the point accross. =P

I guess it is relatively likely that it was her escape pod, although admittably proof is pending. I will have to agree though, she could've made it for us in hurry; that would explain why it looks so horrible.
But then how did she get to layer 5 if she left it there?

I like this idea, but I don't see how it fits with the story.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

I will have to agree though, she could've made it for us in hurry; that would explain why it looks so horrible.
This implies she has one for herself, and cobbled together a second one for us.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

But we have no evidence to support the idea that she knew that we are following her. Why would she?

It is possible, but I find this idea a bit controversial.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

No, when I meant the Z aixs relating to the Balcony I meant the Z axis is sort of in the Y aixs. Lets me explain the whole point by mentioning the bottemless pit is to represent the Black Void. Now imagine the Cave with the bottomless pit has several invisable walls in front of the expaning Balcony. Now imagine we were able to peneratrat it without breaking through it. The several walls are some repeated location above the bottomless pit. like how we see someone on the TV walks to one side of the screen and come out the other side. The Balcony continues to expand seven time until it reaches the other side of the Cave.

In this sequense:

1, 2, 1, 3, 2, 3, 4, 3, 4, 5, 4, 5, 6, 5, 6, 7, 6, 7.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

But then how did she get to layer 5 if she left it there?
But we have no evidence to support the idea that she knew that we are following her. Why would she?
Red already answered the first quote, but Liz must know we were following her - She's been leaving Notes for us left and right. The Theory that "there is no Liz and someone's leaving the notes for us and putting them in her name" seems to be very Doubtful, if not Debunked (assuming that's your thesis) - Liz knows we're going after Mur with her, just look at the notes throughout Sub7 and the beginning of Sub8 when she basically said, "Mur's coming, run."

She knew we wouldn't have any way of knowing how to navigate the Layers if we didn't even know about Karma Portals until she explained in Sub7, so she most likely made the Navigator for us, being she had the only one. It's not that farfetched a conclusion - She knows we're following her and Mur, and she's helping us out.
Now imagine we were able to peneratrat it without breaking through it.
As Ant pointed out though, that destroys The Plan.

You may be right, I just find that it hinges on the point that was made very Doubtful (if not Debunked) by Ant.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Agh, now I have to read through all this to catch up on you XD