Submachine Wiki

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Submachine Wiki

Post by Vortex »

I know, 1st reason is the only keeping me from updating all the Subwikis and DMTwikis I could help with...

anyways, a possible advantage you have is that you can ask Mateusz himself to check if your info is right when you have a strong doubt about something. Since you both share the same language it'll be much easier for him to check :)
and don't be afraid to add new info, for example you can set yourself a challenge to make an article for every creature you see in the games, even if it's just a stub it's a legitimate and necessary page, and that way you'd be setting up the basis for others to complete with new info later.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

I was trying to make page about every creature, and every item (and every location, every game, every mechanism, every thing, everything).
But I don't like idea of blank pages, so I was trying to fill every new page with text. And thus I have page about book item from DMT1. But still don't have page about town itself (it would be much work with this one).
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I was planning to make my own site about Submachine...
borys610

Post by borys610 »

Don't be discouraged by my speech.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

borys610 wrote:I was trying to make page about every creature, and every item (and every location, every game, every mechanism, every thing, everything).
But I don't like idea of blank pages, so I was trying to fill every new page with text. And thus I have page about book item from DMT1. But still don't have page about town itself (it would be much work with this one).
Well, many pages need just the infobox and a paragraph or two, there just isn't so many info in the games to fill an entire page for something, so stub pages are many times unavoidable, and are easy to do, and that way you may be encouraged to make the most difficult ones. And you'll be thanked for being the first in adding that info, all other wikis will translate from you :P
I was planning to make my own site about Submachine...
Site? What do you mean, a fanblog? that would be cool :D
azareus
subbot maintenance

Post by azareus »

I have also been experimenting with MediaWiki on a Debian server. However MySQL is refusing to work so we will see how that goes.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Tell us when you manage to make it work. I've also been investigating a bit about how to make a copy of a wiki article database to export it.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I saw it myself, I wasn't sure if Vortex was helping him - Boingo decided to put together the "Theory Finder" pages (you can look back in this thread and see.)
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Rooster5man wrote:I saw it myself, I wasn't sure if Vortex was helping him - Boingo decided to put together the "Theory Finder" pages (you can look back in this thread and see.)
Yes, I have now found the starting page. I guess it could work, but standardization of the naming is in order.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."