Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

:) :) :)
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Death Road
lost in subnet

Re: Submachine Wiki

Post by Death Road »

I just get them because I've never unsubscribed. I was kinda surprised I was getting them originally. The wiki languished for a long time between the first year it was created and now.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Well hopefully, after I get done what I feel needs to get done, all the pages will be up to date, a lot of things will be organized, and the Wiki will remain pretty much complete and unchanged for a long time. Of course, it will spike again after SubE and SubVerseHD are released, and after a couple more theory voting sessions, but after that it will mostly be done for good. Preserved in a final state.

(and then no more emails ;D)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

But is SubE confirmed? Last times we talked with Mateusz he didn't seem willing to do it. Unless I missed something in the livestream chat.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

He hasn't said anything to my knowledge that he didn't want to do it anymore. So afaik he still has it planned....even though he hasn't talked about it in a while.

I know, I want to ask him about it too, but I don't want to keep bringing Submachine up in the face of all these other projects going on.

It still holds, however, that SubVerseHD is all ready to go; it's just a matter of releasing it. So that one's confirmed :D
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

yeah :D
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

While you're here, Vortex...

The 'people' browse icon has been bugging me for ages. I don't think we should have a cat representing people, even taking Einstein into consideration :P Would you be willing to change it? Maybe to like a side profile of a human head or something?

Or, if these images exist somewhere else on the internet (maybe as part of a larger grouping of icons) point me in that direction and I'll take care of it :D
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yeah, you're right, it's time to change it. I made them when Sub10 wasn't released, but now that Mur and Liz have appeared I'll see if I can do something representing them (or maybe the explorer's skull? :P )
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Well, that would be slightly morbid...I would be all for it if the other icons weren't so innocent-looking XD

A couple of questions I've come across while cleaning up the Talk Pages:

1) Is it possible that Level X is a different version of Level 0? I had a discussion with MW on this that went unanswered. We speculated that, since knowing that loops have "vertical" and "horizontal" cycles, then maybe one is the vertical version and the other is horizontal. I don't know if this conflicts with your K-K theory, Vortex; I would have to double check...

2) Should we rename the "metal section" to something more lighthouse-based? It's difficult because the architecture suggests the lighthouse, though we don't know which part of the lighthouse it could be in.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

1) I think it's possible. Though now that I think about it, all rooms in the loop can be considered as different versions of the same basic room :P
What I got from the telescope/microscope images accompanying the note in Sub10 is the idea that vertical loops are loops in size, the big scales (galaxies, stars, etc.) reproducing the small scales (atoms, molecules, etc.), and that's what I tried to give an explanation to in my theory. But my interpretation may be wrong, of course.

2) I'm for replacing it too, but I don't have any good ideas for the new name.