Suggestions and Ideas for Submachine: The Legacy

Kaly_Ths
subbot maintenance

Re: Suggestions and Ideas for Submachine: The Legacy

Post by Kaly_Ths »

Yeah I know, I mentioned it in case he comes up with different ideas on which criteria the locations will change.
I certainly could, and eventually I will
Kaly_Ths
subbot maintenance

Post by Kaly_Ths »

Btw, I'm going to play the game and keep some notes (based on the list, too).

(And also because I want to play the game m o r e times)
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Good, please share all of them so I can add them to the list.
Jatsko is doing the same with the livestream and all, I just am everytime I watch it to tired to notice anything so I forget.
Kaly_Ths
subbot maintenance

Post by Kaly_Ths »

Ok, just finished playing and now I'm double checking through the wiki and the game itself.

I will soon write down and edit my notes. There are a few suggestions for the list, as well (if they could help). Hopefully, I will have a properly written post ready tomorrow.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Cool.
Kaly_Ths
subbot maintenance

Post by Kaly_Ths »

With most of the locations that are listed likely to be removed (green ones), I don’t see any quite significant change in the overall game.
If it is not too hard to move the coordinate puzzle clues (metal plates, clues on theory notes, number plates etc) and maybe the collectible items to other locations, without affecting the overall gameplay plan, then many portal locations can even go completely.
Some kp areas might be accessed by other coordinates as well, or even exist as a portal coordinate of their own replacing their original location of entry.
I haven’t touched upon possibly dealing with the theory notes, because I am not sure about what Mateuz has in mind about keeping them or not.

There are cases of coordinates being functionaly connected. For example the binary portal in 950, functions by putting the coordinates corresponding to the locations: 000, 001, 010, 100 and 011. So, if any of those coordinates gets “removed”, the usefulness of the 950 binary portal will possibly be affected, too.

Personally, I don’t see it as that necessary for locations to be completely “removed”. Maybe they can instead be slightly altered, or even be left as they are, especially 000, which I think should definitely not be gone, since it is the starting point of the game itself. But it’s up to Mateuz, too, of course.

Other than that, some locations that I think should also be marked as green in the list above, are the following (a.k.a. containing legacy material either directly or slightly changed);

291 – It is the sanctuary area, only with Mur’s gear missing, but still looking invaded and damaged by his devices (the wall, at least).
Now, as far as the Karma Portal locations go, there's mnt and kim-Infusion Parlor, which are important.

317 – Not exactly sure about this one. It does basically feature the two movers we see in both Sub5 and Sub6, unaltered, as well as the 3D fan artwork of the movers, containing the clue to 461. (Correct me if I am missing something else here).

In 232 you are directed to zwo – Tree trunk section and it is directly taken from Sub7’s winter palace and doesn’t seem to serve any functional purpose.

Other comments and possible thoughts/suggestions;

452 – Has the statue we see in the end of Sub4.
I have a suggestion. A very similar statue is seen through the telescope in 314. So maybe I thought it could replace the one existing in 452, while still being seen through the telescope in 314, thus making a thematic connection between the two locations.

About the locations 006 and 192 – Both of them have elements resembling the lower levels in, I think, FLF. But even so, they seem to be some of the least strongly inspired by legacy material.
Besides, they mostly serve as locations for the Portal themed puzzles, that’s why they are connected, and they also feature some important puzzle hints for the rest of the game.
I am not sure what could be done as a change here, though, so I suggest they don't change.

728 – It's sub4's secret room section, but the “secrets” can be removed and only the kp device in the last room can stay.

[more incoming when I find my notes again]

About some specific green marked locations:

010 – The only legacy element I see here is the 3 energy gem placement, similar to the one in sub5-6 mover and there is a slight resemblance to 000’s design. Maybe it shouldn’t be green. Apart from the puzzle clues given, you can also pick up the three gems for later use.

043 – Except from the puzzle hint, it doesn’t really have any other function. It leads to ixt, which is directly copied from 32 chambers.

100 – Same as with 010. As in, little resemblance to legacy things and there is stuff to do here, I think with the valve on the wall and a plate clue.

103 – This location is a mix of sub5’s bridge and the starting point of sub0. There are kps leading to important locations for the game, a coordinate hint and overall, it seems to be a useful location. I am kind of on a dilemma with this one. It should definitely stay, but I don’t have any good suggestions for it rn.

672 – One of my least likely locations to stay green. Not so heavily legacy like.

awy – I see that it is a lot like a room from the temple, and even the item you collect from here is a thing from that game. But, I am not sure if it should be considered to be removed.

About the quiet in the room..

The biggest dilemma of it all, however, is about wiq.
I don’t even know if altering anything would actually do any good here. There’s a lot to do and to see. Heck, I don’t even know if it being accessed from another coordinates would help.

The green locations that are directly from sub 4 and 5 usually don't have much juice in them. The best example is 770. Most of them could be "gone" for good.
But they do have certain kp locations that are obviously taken from these games and could possible replace their original locations on their own.
Last edited by Kaly_Ths on 17 Dec 2020 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Bit late to the party but I'll just point out that Submachine Universe and future versions thereof are not part of The Legacy, which this thread discusses. There's a separate thread for SubVerse stuff.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

They overlap, I kind of wanted to wait for Kaly to complete her edits of her post, but Matt did say he wanted to make SU a seperate game, without locations that are inspired by the Legacy. Therefor; these locations in SU are something to consider for the Legacy. So no; this discussion belongs on this thread.
Kaly_Ths
subbot maintenance

Post by Kaly_Ths »

You can tell me what you think about my notes even by now. It will help me organise a better plan of apporach. (Hope what I have posted here already is at least even a tiny bit useful :? ) If I find anything new to add, I will make a new post and you take what you need from that one, as well.

Btw, I edited my post above and added some more info.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Mateusz seems open to add possible new elements to the lore, as per this discussion on Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1564790/ ... 792783058/