Submachine 10 and beyond Theories and Suggestions

- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Submachine 10 Theories and Suggestions

Post by - ak - »

Firstly... Congratulation to those who correctly predicted that there are not 7 Layers. I was totally wrong ever since Sub_8 came out.
Bloodhit wrote:Adding another layer just because of missing button is kinda lame, anyone?
Nope. People actually theorized that this would happens. I DIDN'T. And I was wroooooooooong... And loved it too.
Subbot #499 wrote:What if this was all a test by Shiva to see if we were worthy to inherit Murtaugh's powers, which we may have received at the end of the game.
You may want to read the secrets again.
gil2455526 wrote:One thing that made me confused is what is the relation between the karma, layers and Shiva and computers on Submachine...
I am starting to piece together the great puzzle that is the Submachine... Dammit, lot of things are starting to make sense. Ending of Sub_2 is so important, the Enlightenment of the Plan, the Light, Shiva, Karma. While we still have not learn what Submachine really is, I am starting to understand HOW they could exist and WHY they can grow and expand like living organisms.

Karma.

The Karma is the FOUNDATION of everything we see in the realm of Submachine. Even the machines are of karmic energy. That's why Submachine grow and expand, using Karmic Energy as it source. That's why we see green energy lines in Sub_Universe AND Sub_3 at the end! That's why almost everything are (or were) collapsing because of the destructive karma emitted by Murtaugh, even if such things were unintentional on his ends. This was never the tale about Murtaugh's Revenge. This is about Murtaugh's Enlightenment and Repentance. This is about Shiva (or dare I say... Submachine?) wanting Murtaugh to reunite the people with the Submachine by giving him the power to be in seven layers at the same time and thus, giving him the opportunity to experience Enlightenment and see the Plan for what it truly is. This is about the conflict of the soul with the mind, both people and Submachine. Very appropriate given the constant themes found in many Mateusz's works.

Now there is an interesting question that just popped up in my mind:

Did we actually experienced the whole museum adventure in the entire series? Or did we actually got lost in Sub_1 to 3, helped and hired by Mur in Sub_4, did mission in Sub_5 and 6, chased after Mur and got lost in the vortex of time after Sub_7, and landed to the point in Sub_8 well after he died?

The reason I asked is that because remember the beginning of Sub_8 when Murtaugh explained the functionality of "portal within portal" in which using it can change the direction of everything? What if we happened upon one while we chased after Murtaugh in the end of Sub_7, got flung so far into the future and landed where we were in Sub_8, being way too late to catch up to them?

Or we are actually lost like so many other before.

Also, congrats to Gemini. Your False Reality Theory is possibly accurate to the point that the event of Murtaugh and Liz may have been replayed over and over... at least by many other people before we did. As for my Dimensional Pathway Theory... it is still way up in the air as to being confirmed or debunked, but I am feeling that it is very very slowly becoming unlikely because of what I have seen with the relationship between Submachine, Karma, and Portal. It is not definitive yet though and I would wait to see if we will learn anything more in Sub_10.

Can't wait for it.

Mateusz, I think releasing Sub_10 in 2015 would be a better idea than releasing it this year. All of time and polish you put in Sub_9 had immensely paid off in spades. I think you would want to do it again with Sub_10 to give the main series a fitting closure it deserved.

Time to write the review...
Last edited by - ak - on 15 Mar 2014 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Maybe Shiva was the name given to the computer mentioned in Sub8.

The thing is that the history of Mur and Liz have been repeating over and over because some people called us, in order to rescue them from the Layer 8, they can't do that for themselves, they wanted a special hero, the most smartest one-dimensional being (The player).

And yeah, I think the idea of multiple endings in Sub10 is probably debunked now. :P

I think "Karma Energy" is just an ancient statement, just like "Wisdom Gem", maybe it has other name.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:Maybe Shiva was the name given to the computer mentioned in Sub8.
...I didn't quite think of that. I thought along the actual lines of religion, that the actual God, Shiva, granted Mur these powers, or perhaps they thought Shiva did and dedicated their lives to the blending of religion and science throughout all cultures.
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:Maybe Shiva was the name given to the computer mentioned in Sub8.
Good thinking.

It might be part of the Submachine, as a Soul.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Rooster5man wrote:
...I didn't quite think of that. I thought along the actual lines of religion, that the actual God, Shiva, granted Mur these powers, or perhaps they thought Shiva did and dedicated their lives to the blending of religion and science throughout all cultures.
Well, Submachine have been a mix of everything.

As Mateusz said long time ago: Submachine is a vast Universe and almost everything fits on it.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

gil2455526 wrote:One thing that made me confused is what is the relation between the karma, layers and Shiva and computers on Submachine...
That's what I was wondering too. The only relation I could think of is that overquoted "advanced technology blahblan indistinguishable from magic". Because else I can't fit egyptian tombs and karmic water with computers answering the question and the defense system.
Subbot #499 wrote:What if this was all a test by Shiva to see if we were worthy to inherit Murtaugh's powers, which we may have received at the end of the game.
then it's like the neverending story? all the adventures only to get the approval of someone? hmm, if it's true I don't know if I'll like the ending much :/ there has to be another purpose... (yeah, I read the secrets XD)

The thing is that the history of Mur and Liz have been repeating over and over because some people called us, in order to rescue them from the Layer 8, they can't do that for themselves, they wanted a special hero, the most smartest one-dimensional being (The player).

And yeah, I think the idea of multiple endings in Sub10 is probably debunked now. :P

I think "Karma Energy" is just an ancient statement, just like "Wisdom Gem", maybe it has other name.
That's plausible. Different names for the same thing.
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:
gil2455526 wrote:
then it's like the neverending story? all the adventures only to get the approval of someone? hmm, if it's true I don't know if I'll like the ending much
that would be too much LOST-like in my opinion. Rather debunked.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

thank goodness :P

Hmm, I think a theory is developing in my head, but I need to replay the games and see all the notes/forum posts first.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

WOW. I still wowed after playing! I try to connect all information given by all games in series and forum posts, but I definitely failed. My mind is too low. I didn't reach highest level of understanding possible to a one-dimensional mind.

Also, I want to say ALL (well, except one) my theories were burned, debunked and gone after this game. I'm shocked.

Why I love this series is because its ultimate level of plot. But why I should continue my try TO UNDERSTAND everything if it is absolutely incorrect and wrong at the end?..

ONLY ONE GAME LEFT...
Only one...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I told you it was amazing... :P