[Migration in prod.] The third administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Re: The new administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

Post by - ak - »

Hello, guys! Just to check up on the site for a bit. I got a couple of things need to be discussed:

Firstly, is it me or is the forum kind of slow? When I scroll, it seems to be very choppy and laggy. I don't know if it is my computer or browser not handling the loads as well as they did for previous version of forum (and I am running on latest versions, too).

Secondly, is the domain name transfer for pastelland.com completed, yet? I want to be sure that it is in hands of new owner since I am still somewhat in transfer of my other domain name. I have not yet closed my old hosting service and once I can confirm that both domain names have been successfully transferred, I can closed the old account.

Take care!
- ak -
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

There another one.
I hope this doesn't become another Spamageddon.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
[¦||||
lost in subnet

Post by [¦|||| »

Last edited by [¦|||| on 31 May 2020 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

On spam - there currently appears to be a slow trickle of spambots getting through the captcha, nothing we can't manage through manual removals. I should probably try another captcha option, though.

AK - as a matter of fact, the transfer appears to have finally been completed at some point in the past 24 hours. As far as I can tell, I now fully control pastelland.com as well. Thank you for seeing this though.

On lag - Scrolling and such should not be affected by the server itself, that all happens after the page has been fully transmitted to the client. Nevertheless, I am of course curious if anyone else is having issues, either of this kind or something unrelated.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

I realize I never gave a proper timeline of events. One has been added to the beginning of the thread.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I've been thinking about it, and I would like it that Ko9s stuff goes into the project folder. I know I didn't really care but I think it belongs there. So if the admins dont mind... :')
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

Re: Lag

nothing on my end, everything works fine
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Ko9 - done.
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Hi Krystal,

Good to know that pastelland.com domain name is now in your account. Until I get my other domain name fully over to my new hosting account, I'll be cancelling my other account in few days.

Also about the scrolling/browsing lag, it appears that it might be depend on the browser, maybe? It is laggy as hell on Chrome. I tried out on Safari, the lags are still there, but it is much more subdued and minimal comparing to jaggy mess of Chrome. I can scroll better on Safari, though it is not my #1 browser of choice. Perhaps I could move over there again after moving from Safari to Chrome. Interestingly, the forum scrolls perfectly and ultra smooth on iPhone.

I think it has to do how browsers utilize or load phpBB system?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

So, there's no way to collect attachements from old forum?