[Migration in prod.] The third administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

Kaly_Ths
subbot maintenance

Re: The third administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

Post by Kaly_Ths »

So, I think there's no https:// present when it happens, but when I copy the link from my device, it shows the https://www.pastelland.net address. I don't know.
I certainly could, and eventually I will
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Glad to hear it's (sometimes) working. Turns out the "advanced" button didn't hide the information I had hoped for, which was the actual certificate details. If you encounter the error again, could you follow these instructions to open the certificate itself?
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

If it matters or is relevant at all, I'm on Chrome and the address bar hides the "https://" part, showing a lock instead that indicates security.

If anything this conversation made me happily realize that this site is now secure, so that's something.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

That's correct Jatsko, thank you for answering Kaly's question. Kaly, sorry for missing your question.

(Ever since AK took over - possibly before that, even - the forum has been available over HTTPS. Nowadays, this is considered good practice for all websites, regardless of content, and a requirement for any site that handles anything secret (like passwords) or private (like PMs). When I took over, beyond setting up a new certificate so HTTPS would work, I further made the decision to not serve the forum under regular HTTP, under the general philosophy that web communication should be encrypted by default.)
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

skbkbdkbdk hello

Forum advanced search appears to be a bit broken because there are 0 results turning up for SOME topic name searches (ex. searching "funny stuff" does pull up "funny stuff" but searching "PF memes" doesn't pull up "PF memes")

Also, to keep track of the forum reorganization project,
Jatsko wrote: 1) thread "untitled" combined with "VOIDSCAN" - but I notice that the thread is now reading the last reply as the latest subject line used instead of the first one in the entire thread, as is traditional:
ts untitled.png
ts untitled.png (5.84 KiB) Viewed 14489 times
2a) thread "OMG - The Solem Dinner Announced!!!" req. combination with "April Fools"
2b) thread "We Could All See It Coming, TBG Release on April 20th, 2020" is slated to be deleted, but maybe revisit that decision if we're going to keep the above thread too? Why not add it if there's no overlap, ig
2c) thread "Submachine Flavorlines Development Roadmap" req. move to either pastel topics, projects, or theories & suggestions, wherever it fits best.
that's new stuff; I also appear to have these boxes highlighted on my sheet:
Jatsko wrote: 3a) rename "A new game reminded me of this old forum" to "A new game reminded me of this old forum [ Bradwell Conspiracy ]"
3b) rename "Drawings" to "Your artwork!"
3c) rename "News" to "News and politics"
and there's always more to do after that, if the mods are around. I think the last thing we discussed was figuring out whether to add another subforum to GenDis for "other interests".
Last edited by Jatsko on 08 Nov 2021 15:32, edited 6 times in total.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Provisional policy - no deleting stuff, as opposed to archiving it, until someone can tell me why we're deleting stuff instead of archiving it.

I'll look into the search issue, but superficially that looks like an issue with the specifics of the phpBB implementation, which is to say it's above my pay grade.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I think making a ''Ko9s April Fools Menu board'' would make sence since I think I will continue to make these...
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Mm, I think the past threads can be put in the general April Fools thread, we don't need a separate thread for your particular contributions. That being said I'm fine with you creating a new thread if you decide to pull a stunt in the future (lol) and then add it to the April Fools thread after a few days.

Now if Enihc or someone can figure out how to unmerge the threads from PF Memes, pls, and put them in the right spot..

Also, for everyone, let's try to consolidate as much discussion about thread moving and such here, as it'll be easier for me to keep track of as part of the larger reorganization effort.

(also also, hello Enihc, if you're going to be around I have some more tasks in the reorganization plan that need carrying out :D starting with 3a through 3c above, just renaming a few threads)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Bumping forum organization requests for the mods:
Jatsko wrote: - move "Submachine Flavorlines Development Roadmap" to either pastel topics, projects, or theories & suggestions, wherever it fits best.
- rename "A new game reminded me of this old forum" to "A new game reminded me of this old forum [ Bradwell Conspiracy ]"
- rename "Drawings" to "Your artwork!"
- rename "News" to "News and politics"
- reopen discussion on moving threads to new subforum in GenDis. I have a subdivision plan laid out on my sheet, but other discussion has since been had here.
Last edited by Jatsko on 25 Apr 2021 17:11, edited 3 times in total.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Jatsko wrote:
23 Apr 2021 15:08
Bumping forum organization requests for the mods:

- move "Submachine Flavorlines Development Roadmap" to either pastel topics, projects, or theories & suggestions, wherever it fits best.
- rename "A new game reminded me of this old forum" to "A new game reminded me of this old forum [ Bradwell Conspiracy ]"
- rename "Drawings" to "Your artwork!"
- rename "News" to "News and politics"
All done! 😁
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐