[Migration in prod.] The third administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: The new administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports (scheduled downtime for 2020-11-05 20:00 to 22:00 UTC)

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Can't wait for that, Soul. ^^
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Re: The new administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports (scheduled downtime for 2020-11-05 20:00 to 22:00 UTC)

Post by Ancient Crystal »

I've added a list of outstanding issues to the admin post at the beginning of this thread.

Jatsko - do I understand correctly that you wish to merge all current subforums of General Discussion into one "other interests" forum?

AK - glad to hear it's not completely 100% dead. If you ever do pick it back up, I expect to be here when you do.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: The new administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

Post by Jatsko »

AK wrote:I would like to come back to that sometime, but man, I wish my life wasn't so busy. We could move that story elsewhere on the forum when I can resume it someday.
Man, of course you come back as soon as it gets moved XD I hope you don't take offense to the "demotion" of your project off the main page; it just makes more sense to put it with the other projects.
Ancient Crystal wrote:Jatsko - do I understand correctly that you wish to merge all current subforums of General Discussion into one "other interests" forum?
No, I would like another subforum to be created in GenDis with the label "other interests", existing on the same level of hierarchy as "birthdays", "pastel topics", and "projects". It would then be filled with loose threads from GenDis that are detailed on my to-do spreadsheet.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Re: The third administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

I'm curious if we should set up a new top-level forum solely for all the General Discussion subfora. Currently, even on a fairly large, high-resolution PC screen, there are enough subfora, announcements and pinned posts in general discussion you have to scroll down to see even a single "normal" thread.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I agree that the top part of GenDis has sorta gotten overtaken by subfora and announcements, yeah. I'm interested to hear layout ideas you might have.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

So, um, currently it's
  • the Submachines
  • Daymare Town
  • other pastel games & comics
    • 10 gnomes
    • covert front
    • where is new year
  • theories and suggestions
    • theories
  • general discussion
    • birthdays
    • pastel topics
    • projects
      • A'llukin
and I'm thinking it might be changed to
  • the Submachines
  • Daymare Town
  • other pastel games & comics
    • 10 gnomes
    • covert front
    • where is new year
  • theories and suggestions
    • theories
  • general discussion
  • misc
    • birthdays
    • pastel topics
    • projects
    • A'llukin
to flatten it out a bit and thin the GD subfora.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Hm, what exactly would differentiate "general discussion" from "misc"? And I'm assuming you would put the "other interests" threads in General Discussion?
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

I forgot to specify - "misc" in this setup would only contain subfora, no discussion threads of its own. It would be purely a forum-container to relieve General.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

So what exactly would be going in GenDis then?
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

All the discussion threads that are currently directly in General would remain in General. All the subfora that are currently in General would move to Misc, which would have no threads directly in it.