Re: off topic

Post by Vortex »

omg it's true, I didn't even think of it XD
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Two things.

1. I've never thought to ask: What exactly is the origins of this forum's banner? I've been staring at that thing for ages and have never thought to ask where it came from. Did Mateusz just draw it one time, and then we adopted it?

2. Evidently Mordikai Wartwunson has had this on his Wiki profile for some time:
MW wrote: First, you have to enter the coordinates. Unfortunately, the interface is stupid. Instead of something sensible (like, say, a keypad and screen), each of the three coordinates are displayed on a separate button. Pushing a button increments its respective coordinate. If my math is right, that's potentially twenty-seven button presses when it should reasonably never be more than three. Three coordinates; three keypresses. That would make sense, right? I digress, but seriously, who designed this thing?
Once the coordinates are in, you push the bigger fourth button and get whisked away across the network.
The machine hums to life. A crackling bolt of energy arcs between the contacts because science is awesome and theatrical like that. Next comes that odd feeling of being dematerialized that one can never quite get used to, as if humans were never meant to be dematerialized or something. After that, you will experience a few moments of complete non-existence and the heaps of existential terror that go along with it. Fortunately, you never remember that part, and the whole process repeats itself in reverse immediately after.
Nausea and lightheadedness are common side-effects of the re-materialization process. First-timers are usually provided with a vomit bag, particularly if the target location has carpeted floors.
I think it's golden :D It raises a question: Why have the button console like that at all? Especially if it was being used by bots...
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

During the DMT4 development, Mateusz a draw a teaser (Of something that didn't ended up in the final game), and then decided it was a cool idea to put it as the forum's banner.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

why offtop? :D
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

Bought the submachine collection

So there's $25 more in the sub-god's wallet
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Mati wrote:Hey guys I'm streaming today at 4pm EST, and this will be a unique stream in which I'll brainstorm with my chat about game ideas for "mission to the sun". Would love to see your personal input in this as well, as you are the most important part of my community.
finally!
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Sublevel 105 wrote:
Mati wrote:Hey guys I'm streaming today at 4pm EST, and this will be a unique stream in which I'll brainstorm with my chat about game ideas for "mission to the sun". Would love to see your personal input in this as well, as you are the most important part of my community.
finally!
Cool, but I won't be joining as I am hard-of-hearing and won't understand anything. Beside, I have no good idea for Mission to Sun x3
Gemini523 wrote:Bought the submachine collection

So there's $25 more in the sub-god's wallet
ABOUT TIME!!! Well worth the purchase forever and ever! Sub_10's ending was pitch-perfect on the large screen.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

- ak - wrote:
Sublevel 105 wrote:
finally!
Cool, but I won't be joining as I am hard-of-hearing and won't understand anything. Beside, I have no good idea for Mission to Sun x3
Don't worry, we fans can only talk through the chat window so I assume the brainstorming will be in written format :P
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I have no good idea for Mission to Sun
I have!
:3

After collecting all gems we will be able to open door leading to computer terminal that has direct connection with S.H.I.V.A., and it will answer us everything about Submachine and Outer world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Nah, that would be too simple XD

I might stop by if I have time. I haven't really ever been invested in the Mission To series, but I'll try to take a look.