layer restorer

Re: off topic

Post by Sublevel 113 »

srsl? :?
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

My country is on legislative election and much of the ads that show on my computer are about the candidates and their political parties.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

We should know that by using google, and whether you sign up or not, it processes that information using a computer algorithm. The Terms and Conditions, and Privacy Code of Conduct etc. may say 'no person will view this data', but none said anything about computers, right?
And if you do sign up, it will scan through your GoogleDocs, swipe the keywords and use the same algorithm to calculate this information, and sell this information to third-parties, or just keep it and use it to calculate which ads you get, based on that info.
This is why i kinda like blocking Google Analytics.

Google isn't free. It wouldn't be. The price is your personal lifestyle on the web.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:My country is on legislative election and much of the ads that show on my computer are about the candidates and their political parties.
I think that it is much more likely based on the location (I can't even read the 50% of ads as they aren't in a language which I'm proficient in)
Boingo wrote:And if you do sign up, it will scan through your GoogleDocs, swipe the keywords and use the same algorithm to calculate this information, and sell this information to third-parties, or just keep it and use it to calculate which ads you get, based on that info.
Well, Google needs a better algorithm because so far they haven't been very successful at getting me to click on their ads (3 ads).
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Ads are needed when you need something, actually the ads in pages like this are not made so you can click them now, but when you later something related, you will remember what you already seen.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Isobel The Sorceress
subnet technician

Post by Isobel The Sorceress »

Boingo wrote:We should know that by using google, and whether you sign up or not, it processes that information using a computer algorithm. The Terms and Conditions, and Privacy Code of Conduct etc. may say 'no person will view this data', but none said anything about computers, right?
And if you do sign up, it will scan through your GoogleDocs, swipe the keywords and use the same algorithm to calculate this information, and sell this information to third-parties, or just keep it and use it to calculate which ads you get, based on that info.

Google isn't free. It wouldn't be. The price is your personal lifestyle on the web.
Well, if Google can do all that, why do I get ads for Asian mail-order brides? :? :roll: :lol:
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

Funny. I got an email like that today :evil:
But seriously, that's how it works.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Isobel The Sorceress wrote:
Boingo wrote:We should know that by using google, and whether you sign up or not, it processes that information using a computer algorithm. The Terms and Conditions, and Privacy Code of Conduct etc. may say 'no person will view this data', but none said anything about computers, right?

Well, if Google can do all that, why do I get ads for Asian mail-order brides? :? :roll: :lol:
I get those ads too
ENIHCAMBUS wrote:Ads are needed when you need something, actually the ads in pages like this are not made so you can click them now, but when you later something related, you will remember what you already seen.
Still, that doesn't change the 99% of times that Google Adsense just shows me horrible advertisements :roll:
Boingo wrote:But seriously, that's how it works.
Then Google should start investing in a better system/algorithm for displaying ads, otherwise people will just start using adblock :roll:
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Then Google should start investing in a better system/algorithm for displaying ads, otherwise people will just start using adblock :roll:
Right, same for Youtube.
Is this my final form?
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

No good reason to yet.
Even if you use ad-block, google analytics will take the information, and sell it on to third parties.

Youtube: Mmm...:( That would be good.

Anyone here use Ghostery?