rant board

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: rant board

Post by Vortex »

gil2455526 wrote:Or, as was established on a BBphp forum, change the captcha for a question captcha
But there would be a finite number of questions, for a net of bots it's easy to try to bypass that by brute force and note the right answers, not?
sundayfever
subnet technician

Post by sundayfever »

Wow.

Actually, I like solving problems and spending time with my notebook and papers - discovering the solution always brings me this feeling of great accomplishment, but tests are not for me. One more reason why I hate tests and especially math ones: I dislike time limitations. I just start to feel anxiety flooding my body and I can't focus properly on what I need to do.

Could be I simply care too much and therefore am afraid of failure.
all memories are lost in time...
...like tears in the rain
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yeah, I also don't like that. Time shouldn't be a requirement to prove your knowledge. Rather, exams prove your writing speed and your ability to vomit things from your head to the paper without time to think before, especially the history or philosophy ones >_<
Yeah, that 4/10 still hurts me XD
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

I don't like time requirements. I've always struggled when I'm given a task that must be completed in a certain amount of time. I see the point when such tasks aren't excessively given, but when it is you can't prove what you can do at your potential in 40 minutes. For such in fact people should be given as much time as needed (as long as it is not used improperly). Unfortunately people don't have all day to wait for the best piece of work.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
azareus
subbot maintenance

Post by azareus »

RANT: I finally got an invite for Ingress, turns out it doesn't work with my phone for some reason. Darn you Google! Also I have tendovaginitis, so I can't use my computer or guitar that much D:
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

It doesn't work with phones with a resolution smaller than 800x600 or so, if I remember well.
Also, what is tendovaginitis? a tension in the vagina? :B
azareus
subbot maintenance

Post by azareus »

It is where the tendons in your wrists are inflamed, causing extreme pain whenever I lift anything over 1 kg or use my hands for anything really. The cure is not using my hands for about two weeks D:
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Ouch... sorry for that D:
borys610

Post by borys610 »

So you can't even make yourself a dinner?
azareus
subbot maintenance

Post by azareus »

borys610 wrote:So you can't even make yourself a dinner?
Well it is worst in my left hand and I can lift things etcetera with my right hand, so it is going fine :P

I just have to be careful not to forget and lift my bag or guitar or something with my left hand D: