2012 wrap-up

MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

2012 wrap-up

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Time to wrap things up for 2012 and also few words about what's to come in 2013.
http://www.pastelportal.com/stories/2012-wrap-up/
borys610

Re: 2012 wrap-up

Post by borys610 »

Great job, Mateusz Skutnik, The Creator Of Suvmachine
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

*Applauses*
Is this my final form?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

so we can say that 2012 was a complete sucess, at least in terms of gamedev :D congrats!
and with that, the Covert Front is finished and done. Phew. The story of Kara following German scientist Karl von Toten has run it’s course. A big sense of closure right there. On the other hand – the Submachine is as strong as ever. There was a minor confusion whether this would be the last Submachine ever, which it isn’t. Let me once again reassure you – the Submachine will go on INDEFINITELY. Sure, the main storyline ends at Submachine 10, but that doesn’t even mean that this series will be over. I’ll make standalone Submachine games from that point on, such as Submachine: 32 chambers, ancient adventure or FLF. We’re good here, don’t you worry. The sky is clear over the Submachine. Wait, is there a sky in Submachine?… :/
in...defi...ni.. te... ly... :D :D

*faints*
oilage
subbot maintenance

Post by oilage »

lol, I hadn't notice the typo when I read it before :P

But congratulations Mateusz, it was an awesome year. May all the internet cookies be with you. (wait wat).
ZOMG 2000 POSTS IT ONLY TOOK ME 4 YEARS
-- Lucas Gelati, on his last day on the old forum.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

All what I can say is great thank you.
*applauses to God*
It is the best year for everyone. :D

But now: Take very long relax!
Berty
lost in subnet

Post by Berty »

Well done Mat. I can't imagine how hectic it must have been at some points.
Did excellently though. =)

May I make a suggestion though? Try your hand at a few more YouTube videos. From what I saw they seemed pretty popular.
I don't mean do things like tutorials for artwork, I mean just anything like what you did with that step by step painting. Or even try something else; maybe make a simple walk through video of the games with some 'director's commentary' on what you and the other guys in PG thought about when making them?
Again it's just a suggestion and feel free to ignore it, but I do think YouTube is an unused potential just like Facebook was a few years back.
=)
My FurAffinity Gallery
My DeviantArt Gallery
"It's a really, really, really big universe and everything that can happen does happen." - Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Berty wrote:I don't mean do things like tutorials for artwork, I mean just anything like what you did with that step by step painting. Or even try something else; maybe make a simple walk through video of the games with some 'director's commentary' on what you and the other guys in PG thought about when making them?
That would be interesting :)
azareus
subbot maintenance

Post by azareus »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:
Berty wrote:I don't mean do things like tutorials for artwork, I mean just anything like what you did with that step by step painting. Or even try something else; maybe make a simple walk through video of the games with some 'director's commentary' on what you and the other guys in PG thought about when making them?
That would be interesting :)
I would really want to see this. But I guess it might ruin the MYSTERY and CONFUSION of some series (namely Submachine :P)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

He could make comments unrelated to the plot. Or directly not make it for Submachine XD