funny stuff

borys610

Re: funny stuff

Post by borys610 »

Of course. And remember that present Germans can't be blamed for deeds of their ancestors. But still they are one of the most hated nations around the world.
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

...ie.prejudice at work.
Is this my final form?
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

borys610 wrote:German had WWII. That is a really shitty thing to teach children in school.
"Hey kids, today we will learn about why our ancestors were sons of bitches, and why everybody hates us"
Yeah, because all 100% of German people at the time absolutely supported the Nazis and wanted to kill all the Jews.
Just because you've been taught in school about all the wars in which Poland suffered, doesn't mean there were none that were started by Poland itself. History is written by winners. Every country bends history in its own way, focusing on these wars during which they were on the morally better side.
Also, German kids are taught the war was started by German Nazis. Not "their ancestors who were sons of bitches".
borys610 wrote:"and why everybody hates us"
borys610 wrote:But still they are one of the most hated nations around the world.
Then those who hate them are intolerant assholes.
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.
azareus
subbot maintenance

Post by azareus »

The Kakama wrote: 1-WWI was started when the archduke of AUSTRIA was assasinated.
Well actually, the Germans in the Austrian-Hungarian government lobbied heavily for the war.

But still, the average German didn't want the war any more than anyone else. The general population in Germany suffered just as much as most other countries.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

You are right of course. In our history they were assholes too. Polish killed many innocent people during ages as well. But I'm not talking about present Germans being assholes, or every German who lived during II WW, to be asshole. I'm talking about shitty history. Every country had terrible things in their history, but II WW is the most often discussed in medias, so German are the most ashamed for their history nation.
I don't hate them. But my grand-grandmother hates them very much. All of them. Does it mean that she is intolerant asshole? She was fighting during II WW

Also I don't think "Funny Stuff" thread is the best place to talk about it.
Erendis42
lost in subnet

Post by Erendis42 »

i posted that game because i thought it was funny. i didn't expect that amount of ignorance
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

borys610 wrote:You are right of course. In our history they were assholes too. Polish killed many innocent people during ages as well. But I'm not talking about present Germans being assholes, or every German who lived during II WW, to be asshole. I'm talking about shitty history. Every country had terrible things in their history, but II WW is the most often discussed in medias, so German are the most ashamed for their history nation.
I don't hate them. But my grand-grandmother hates them very much. All of them. Does it mean that she is intolerant asshole? She was fighting during II WW

But I wouldn't be ashamed of a thing I didn't do... a person isn't neccesarily tied to their country's history.
And I would find it difficult to blame, for example, a newborn baby.
Erendis42 wrote:i posted that game because i thought it was funny. i didn't expect that amount of ignorance
Are you sure the link you posted is the game? I can only see the ranking of best players.
Erendis42
lost in subnet

Post by Erendis42 »

lol. :oops: thanks.

*facepalm*

i'll try again:
http://www.inkagames.com/flash_games/pl ... -game.html
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

borys610 wrote: I don't hate them. But my grand-grandmother hates them very much. All of them. Does it mean that she is intolerant asshole? She was fighting during II WW

To be honest: yes, yes it does. But you're right, this isn't exactly "funny stuff".
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Every country bends history in its own way, focusing on these wars during which they were on the morally better side.
This.

But yeah, let's drop the subject, it's not funny...I think I may have brought it by asking about the Mayans 2 pages back XD

http://checkoutmyurl.tumblr.com/

Go to that site, listen to the Autoplay. Best minute of your life.