Movies! (and television)

Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Movies!

Post by Augustus »

Watching 1917 in a theater does a lot for it since the sound is very important in the movie. It creates a lot of atmosphere that the movie kinda needs imo. Either way do what you feel like bud.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

The main thing missing in theaters are Subtitles. If it's not foreign the Theater don't use them.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

In my experience the broader issue is not the film being foreign, but rather the theater itself not having enough money to have adequate subtitling systems in place. There are some theaters that will have showings with the subtitles on screen, but many people find them distracting and won't attend those shows. I worked at a theater chain large enough to have a system of wireless glasses with synced titles that were projected inside the glasses so it looked like the titles were on the screen, but only for that person. I've always wanted to try them out. Looked something like this:

They come with a few different languages beside English as well, based on the film and the potential/projected audience.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I just recalled being 11 and bored out of my mind and watching this while having a headace, it's worse than what I recalled lol. Still interesting concept, a airplane sinking into the water with a air bubble that is impossible to exist' Airport 77'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0q09eZ1s_Q
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Coma, the Russian Submachine movie is out there you guys.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Finally! :D
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

If anyone needs some hope, some music documentarylike, and some cheesyness, watch Searching for Sugar Man. Damn that is a tearjerker.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Shuffle (2011) is beautiful, it's done so well, it's so clearly made... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPefbEgagd8
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

There is no series board, but this comes close enough.
I just binged all of under the dome in like 2 days? A little less? And I have no idea why I did it. I like domes, I draw them a lot but this was a bit disappointing.
So mediocre... anyway it was like when you read a bad book, but you keep reading it because you want to know how it ends... Well everything was bad about it, utter mediocrity. Even some ''The Room'' vibes.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I remember hearing about the book and was vaguely interested in reading it because the concept sounded interesting.