The Last Door

Death Road
lost in subnet

The Last Door

Post by Death Road »

Has anyone here gotten into The Last Door? My friend on Facebook posted about it and it being scary. I didn't believe him, but trust him on game tastes so I tried it out. It's an interesting point and click series. So far they have 4 chapters plus a pilot chapter I believe. I'm only through Chapter 1 and I like it so far. Felt like I should let you guys know.

Also, sadly you have to sign up to play. But it is free afterwards.

http://thelastdoor.com/index.php
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: The Last Door

Post by Vortex »

yeah, it's an awesome series. The one I liked the most is ch. 2, it has a few moments I was truly scared (in fact I'm using it as inspiration for my new forum game)

also, you don't have to sign up to play, when a new chapter gets released the previous one becomes free to play in all game sites like Kongregate. In fact that's how I discovered it.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

I mentioned it a while back, thought it was a great series: the plot, atmosphere, music, art, et cetera are all perfect. Have still to play chapter 3, as well as 4 once it becomes available.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

First game creeps me out with those... damn crows...

Second game creeps me out with those... nightmarish visions...

Third game creeps me out with those... haunting occurrences...

It is a well-written series so far. Fourth chapter is available to those who made monetary contributions, though it will be free eventually sometime this summer.
Paranormal
subnet technician

Post by Paranormal »

Somewhat creepy, somewhat not. I blame Reddit for desensitizing me over the last two years.
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." ~ Charles Spurgeon
Want to add me on Discord? Send me a PM!
Death Road
lost in subnet

Post by Death Road »

Figured you'd guy have heard of it. I didn't know how big it was, so I was wanting to make sure you all knew of it.
SoLost
lost in subnet

Post by SoLost »

gemini wrote:Yeah and I keep having problems with the fog in the third chapter.
That part was ridiculously hard for me. Even using a walkthrough it took me a couple tries to get it right. Audio puzzles with nit-picky navigation are not my forte.

It is a really good series, though. Interesting story, creepy atmosphere with sparse, well integrated jump scares - none of those stupid jump scares where it's just an ugly picture and a deafening sound. I was temped to donate and play Chapter 4, but I don't quite care enough to pay. I noticed they have already gotten over 8,700 euros toward their next 10,000 euro goal, so they aren't hurting for donations.
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

SoLost wrote:
gemini wrote:Yeah and I keep having problems with the fog in the third chapter.
That part was ridiculously hard for me. Even using a walkthrough it took me a couple tries to get it right. Audio puzzles with nit-picky navigation are not my forte.
The game have subtitle option, so I used that to help with the puzzle.

Still a stupid application of sound-based puzzle, I agree... but that's the only lousy kind of puzzle I can find in the series so far.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Oh, looky here

(Wow, I should really play that third chapter...)
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I just bought it :P