Ingress

Into The Void
lost in subnet

Ingress

Post by Into The Void »

So for anyone that has been lucky enough to get their hands on an invite for this will know what this is, for those who do not I will give a brief summary.

Ingress is a Augmented Reality MMO Game Made by Google for Android devices that takes part in an overall ARG based around the mysterious Niantic Project. The story is hand by hand connected to the game as the purpose of the game is to "find, control and link portals" for your faction. Portals are areas that exist that have a significance on the overall area of city/town and so on. They will be statues, buildings, and other various areas that can be controlled by "Hacking and Placing Resonators" on them. You have to do this for every portal and only when you are actually AT said portal. This means you will have to be moving around a lot to get to these portals and maintaining them in health and in case the opposing faction tries to steal them from you. If you are lucky/fortunate enough to get enough portals you can start linking them and make control fields.

All while this is going on the story half is updated every day filling us in on more of the purpose of everything and how far it goes. Its very interesting and quite fun to get into if you are one for conspiracies.

More information and where to apply for invites can be found here:
http://www.nianticproject.com/
http://www.ingress.com/

I am already one myself, however for reasons I keep to myself I will not reveal my faction identity. I know there are some on here who would get a kick out of this so maybe if others are just as lucky enough to get an invite we can talk about it fully here!

Let's Begin.
Zero is the Past, One is the Future, The Present is nowhere to be found..
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Ingress

Post by Vortex »

I haven't received my code yet, but I'm pretty sure noone in my city knows about this game as of now, so I might be the first in controlling my area :P
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

I got a code, but I can't do much, my tablet only has wi-fi. I try to help with the intel.

EDIT: Just for fun, in the ARG, who you think is leaking the info for PAC?
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
Into The Void
lost in subnet

Post by Into The Void »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:I haven't received my code yet, but I'm pretty sure noone in my city knows about this game as of now, so I might be the first in controlling my area :P
Me or Gil could tell you since we have the global intel map showing all available portals an if they are captured or not.

gil2455526 wrote:I got a code, but I can't do much, my tablet only has wi-fi. I try to help with the intel.

EDIT: Just for fun, in the ARG, who you think is leaking the info for PAC?
I am sure a future update will add full tablet support.

Also, I think it could be Jarvis, or perhaps Niantic themselves as a means to gather recruits.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Into The Void wrote:
OnyxIonVortex wrote:I haven't received my code yet, but I'm pretty sure noone in my city knows about this game as of now, so I might be the first in controlling my area :P
Me or Gil could tell you since we have the global intel map showing all available portals an if they are captured or not.
Could you check around coordinates 37.969872,-1.219456? (not exactly there but around there :P )
Into The Void
lost in subnet

Post by Into The Void »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:
Could you check around coordinates 37.969872,-1.219456? (not exactly there but around there :P )

Spain? In the area you sent me there are currently no controlled portals.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I knew it XD
Now I want the code even more... mwahahah
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

How do you get a code? Also check my cordinates too this looks interesting... I will post my cordinates in 5 mins
Bender sucks
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

You have to request an invite here http://www.ingress.com/

There are people who say they asked 3 weeks ago and they haven't received anything yet, so you will need some patience... heheh
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

36.515103 30.434343 check around there I cant find my house :P
Bender sucks