Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: News

Post by Sublevel 113 »

- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Been a while since I posted any substantial in this forum, so here we go...

Hope lot of you guys are doing all right in this coronavirus crisis. So am I, though currently my great city of Minneapolis is undergoing some major civil unrests this week. I don't blame their rages, this city has bad records when it comes to fair and objective pursuit of justice in the last decade or so. What happened on Monday with George Floyd was the straw that broke lot of our backs.

Everyone, please stay safe!
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Seriously, it seems like exceptionally poor luck to have a pandemic and riots at the same time. As per the usual order of things, things are mostly calm and stable here in Scandinavia.

In rather more uplifting news, space!
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Yeah, I saw the launch yesterday, didn't see the docking today though. That was freaking cool, especially a cute little stowaway they have onboard: Tremor the Sequin Apatosaurus
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Yeah, that cop business suck.
As well as a black ambulance driver getting shot in a police raid when they had the wrong address.
It also sucks that white supremacists from out of state are going into your state ak to create riots and crime to blame on the African America community.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Indeed. And now things are settling down around here and the protesters reclaimed their messages, thanks goodness. I see that massive protests are also springing up all over the country. Good.

Still worried about our terrible unemployment numbers and still weak economy as well as the ongoing COVID19 crisis. Under any other presidency, we would have tackle these problems with deft and compentent efficiency. Not so with our Great Lord Trump. (sarcasm test completes) OH GOOD that still works.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

But do you have your slow clap processor?
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I'd beg to differ a little bit on the economy point, AK; while the COVID situation could never have been handled well under a Republican presidency, the economy has been in the hole long before Trump, and he obviously hasn't done anything substantial to help people. If Biden wins - and I hope he does - I don't trust him and the old neoliberal way of thinking to immediately solve the problem. I say this as a pretty solid leftist, for those who didn't know.
sundayfever
subnet technician

Post by sundayfever »

Um, not that I want to turn this into a competition for the worst country regarding politics and economy, BUT America would not be the only potential laughing stock of the world, if my country was just a tad bigger and thus known. I've never had much respect for our politicians, but the coronavirus outbreak stirred up so much sh!t that it's unbelievable. What a time to be alive.
all memories are lost in time...
...like tears in the rain
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

It's more that the whole idea of ''wedontknowwhatthefuckwearedoingism'' in me has increased. From China to the USA, to Sweden to Brazil, all of us, politicians, nurses, sick people, loved ones, we all don't know what the fuck we are doing.
Oh yeah and the lockdown not being effective as well, we're human beings. We talk to each other, hug each other and want to be around each other. No government is able to really make sure that does not happen, and most people subconsciously started to do most of these things. Not even mentioning the protests that are going on right now.