News and Politics

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: News

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

The Rio is full of disease and shit. Literal Shit, that where they dump the sewage. It literary, where people get infection, get it treated. Then their bodily fluids go into the cesspool, create a new strand of infection is created, and this process keeps spinning new viruses without anyone even trying to create it.

Second, the stupid plastic walls they put up to 'hide' the poorer district from the public view. You can't sweep something like this under a plastic rug.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

Jatsko wrote:[via funny stuff]

So, TD, I read the part about the Olympic torch and I had to stop because...

...what's your opinion on holding the Games this summer in Brazil? From what I've heard, not everyone has shown sympathy towards it.
Slightly dangerous, actually. I recall there was actually a hacker attack back in London '12 that almost took down their power grid during the opening event; their virtual security's countermeasures managed to block the malware and the show went on like normal. If England could barely hold a virtual attack like that, you can imagine what sort of stronger programs these hackers can employ four years later, on a country that has little defense on that front. Unless they've been hiring foreign experts and nobody knows, I bet that there will be blackouts.

There's also that terrorist thingy. Seriously. In the "serious" level that there was actually an announcement some time ago stating that Rio was among the next likely targets. Thank Subgod I live waaaay down south (which, amusingly enough, is a completely different culture than the rest of the country - probably because of our proximity with other Spanish colonies, and the fact that the areas near top Argentina were usually bouncing in between Portugal and Spain all the way across the 1800's). AND the fact that one of the teachers from the São Paulo University actually had ties with ISIS. I am not kidding. The problem is that, as crazy as this may sound, having indirect relations with terrorist organizations is technically not a crime in Brazil. Yeah, that. The man is still free and teaching.

And all that WiQ said. I've only been to Rio once, but it was enough to confirm that it's far from beautiful. Actually, you can say that minor cities all around those big capitals are better to live in - you're close enough to the main economic center of your state, but you don't have to care about your international image, so everything works rather properly and there isn't nearly as much poverty to hide away.

Overall, the whole country would be much better if the government actually put their money on education and health, first and foremost, and then on advancing technology. But they're all too busy with promoting the image of two single cities, and trying to get their necks out of the recent Petrobrás scandal. The political situation here is quite terrible too. Decent politicians, more education, and advancing tech is pretty much enough to boost things here in a basic level, but even that doesn't happen. :/

And then the international image of a brazilian is of a lazy "huehuebrbrbr" who lives on the slums. There's a good reason many college students would rather work under an international company and get transferred to a good country than stay working here. Myself included :P
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

shit... :(
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Is this my final form?
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Meh, they pretty much declared war on everyone, even other muslims.
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Today this night, legions of citizens of Buenos Aires went to protest against the tariffs imposed by the current president, what a perfect time for terrorists to attack the French Embassy. This just happened... :|
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

massacre in Nice...

when will this stop?..
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »