HELP!!! (with anything)

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

HELP!!! (with anything)

Post by Jatsko »

For those who need help. We can help the best we can!**

**User advice not guaranteed to work 100% of the time. We are not responsible for any damaged property, maligned actions, or otherwise eradicated souls that occur from taking advice stated in this thread. © 2015 PastelLand Foundation, PastelLand, Subnet. All rights reserved.

(Vortex, redirect here!!!!)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Help!

Post by Vortex »

Error_3113 wrote:Vortex, the theme changes look awesome. Really captures the feel of the game :D

More little things:
1) I don't want a comment feed on the pages. SW doesn't, and it looks cleaner that way. If you could post the link so I can learn (!) how to change this that would be awesome :D

2) I had the website where I could change the background image a while ago, but alas, it is gone. I would like to know how to access it.
Thanks! :)

These two things are done from the Administration Panel (there's a link to it in the toolbar at the bottom). The first one is in Wiki Features, along with other features like Achievements and all that (I just disabled it).

The second one is the Theme Designer (the first icon in the Administration Panel).
Error_3113 wrote:3) I usually have trouble adding cited sources to articles. If you could show me how to work around that, that would be awesome :D
For this one you have to first switch to source mode and then place the citation(s) embedded in the text (after the words you wanna cite), inside <ref>..........</ref> tags.

Then you make a new section at the end of the article and add just the code <references /> below, all your citations automagically become an ordered list in that section :D
Error_3113 wrote:EDIT: Oh, and also a slider on the front page would be nice :D I'm also going to try to post the same rules that appear on SW about image uploading guidelines and shtuff. Little things like that.

I'm thinking about moving this conversation to a new thread called "Help!" that we can put in general discussion. It's growing out of the "theories and suggestions" definition. Plus "Help!" can be used for anyone who's struggling with something and wants user's input. Good idea?
For the slider you can just copy the one in SW, and change the images and texts :)

The Help thread is a nice idea! :D
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Vortex wrote:Then you make a new section at the end of the article and add just the code <references /> below, all your citations automagically become an ordered list in that section
Automagically is my new favorite word :D
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

:P
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sub_Wiki Help!

Post by admin »

Changed the title to "Sub_Wiki Help!" because the original title "Help!" was way too vague.

Also made it a sticky to keep it on top of page. I am thinking of moving this over to Submachine section.

Yay? Nay?
{Admin account of AK, former forum host. --Ancient Crystal}
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Soul, that's not about Submachine Wiki...

http://naissancee.wikia.com/wiki/NaissanceE_Wiki
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Yeah I actually made the title vague on purpose.

To encompass all help for anyone who has a problem of any sort. I just started it with questions I had for Vortex. But anyone can post anything here, really. (Well, within limits)

Sorry for confusion. I put it where I think it belongs.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Error_3113 wrote:Yeah I actually made the title vague on purpose.

To encompass all help for anyone who has a problem of any sort. I just started it with questions I had for Vortex. But anyone can post anything here, really. (Well, within limits)

Sorry for confusion. I put it where I think it belongs.
No worry.

I changed the title again to better reflect with your intention. I left this tread with sticky to keep it up on top of list.
{Admin account of AK, former forum host. --Ancient Crystal}
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: HELP!!! (with anything)

Post by Jatsko »

Sweet :D
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: HELP!!! (with anything)

Post by Jatsko »

@Vortex, NW question:

Any way to get the background image to stay fixed so it doesn't move upon scrolling? I tried turning on the "Fix" button on and off in the theme designer but it doesn't look like it's working. :|