So...

Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

So...

Post by Anonymous2 »

The real reason I left for two days was because I overridden with feelings of uselessnes on this community. I've sat here for the last several weeks and I just feel like nobody cares that I'm around.

Yeah I get it, I'm a controversial member. But that does that give any of you the right to ignore me? I don't think so.

If Raxas or Theta were to return, right this instant, you would instantly adore them, forgetting everything they ever did. Both were responsible for a variety of bullshit during the Bbpress days, even being banned (why do you think they went through so many accounts themselves lol...)

Yet I come back, and people choose to ignore me, bring up my past history, show disinterest in any participation I give here. Like my comic. I get the feeling nobody really cares about it. What I mean by that, nobody posts in it! Only like three of you do, but what about the others? Gil? Vurn? Isobel? Mateusz? Terein? Roentgen? WIQ? Kakama? Bender? Thunder? Why you no post? Even if you don't like the comic, your feedback is still welcomed.

I came back, because Vortex asked where I was. And that made me feel better, it gave me a tinge of fuzzy feeling because someone noticed that I had left. Then I return and we're back to the same old bullshit.

I sent messages to both Eni and Vortex about reviving this community. Look around, folks. We're dead. There are only like ten of us active, and we have had only two new members in the past six months and both have yet to post. And neither of you seemed to care. And that hurts. You only care about perserving the history and legacy, you don't care about pushing this community forward, and gaining new members, gaining a new generation.

Yes Mateusz cutting the cord hurt us a lot, but we don't have to let it hurt us. We can rise above that. We can put ourselves out there. I've done my part of advertising our board link around, and guess what, that does increase guests. But its still not enough.

I thought maybe, we could contact Mateusz and ask him to place the board link on his facebook with a disclaimer that its a fan run forum, not his own forum. I've even pushed the idea of our own Pastel Land twitter or Facebook page.

Doesn't this appeal to anyone? Or am I just wasting my time?

I don't want to sound desperate for attention, but I guess I am desperate for attention. I just wish you all would treat me a little bit better. I've tried to work things out, have tried to smooth things over. I don't expect you to give me your full trust, but still, there's no reason to treat me like an alien.

Shit happened, I get it. Let's move on from it already.

Anyways I think I'm going to go away for a while. Maybe a week and then return and see how things are here.

- Anonymous
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: So...

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

I Don't ignore you.
Despite the problems you and I had in the past I love your Pastel Comics.

I just the type not to post much into a conversation if its not something I can contribute too.
I'll see you in a week.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

As a 5 Gen, I don't know about the past. It doesn't matter to me.

I also don't know really about trends in forum activity (except for the past year), but it seems like you're partially right: the forum activity has decreased. But I definitely don't agree with the fact that we're dead. As someone who posts pretty regularly, I really disagree with that. (And I know you didn't mean it like that, but I want to make that distinction)

If there's any time to spread the word about this forum, it's now. With the advent of Markiplier and the Patreon stuff Mat is doing, I think this would be an important window of time for us. So if you feel the need to push this community forward, then by all means do. Unfortunately it's difficult to do by yourself.

I see what you mean about a new generation. Most of the previous members have left. And I think Enihc and Vortex kinda want to preserve that, for two reasons:

1. They have good memories of past generations.
2. They don't want to risk the forum falling to people who don't know what they're doing.

Of course there's always gonna be a huge risk of new users who don't know what the hell they're doing ruining the forum. But hopefully those who care will find their way here and support the place.

Gem is right, guys. The forum has to move forward.
But first it has to stay alive. The only way it seems to be doing that now is by wayside conversations and waiting for updates to games or whatever. Or in threads that most people normally read, but don't respond.

Forum projects seem to have worked in the past. There isn't a reason why they're not working now. I know that personally I've enjoyed Pastel Land Comic, Mental's/my Subnet mapping work, and Kakama's Pastel Adventure. (Admittedly, I ignored Kakama's project at first, but then I gave it some heart and started reading it. If only Vortex and Sublevel didn't steal all my damn ideas for commands :D ). Projects are going to keep what's left together. I suggest we pay them some attention while we wait for big news.

News of Sub10, obviously. I think at this point, all the big theories have been hashed out, and we're just waiting for it. So understandably there's no new theory talk.

Let's try to keep this together in the meantime. And Gem, if you feel you need to take a break, then we'll see you soon. Sometimes coming back to something you left can be rocky. Hopefully the second time around is better.

(...did I miss anything?)
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Anonymous1 wrote:Yet I come back, and people choose to ignore me, bring up my past history, show disinterest in any participation I give here. Like my comic. I get the feeling nobody really cares about it. What I mean by that, nobody posts in it! Only like three of you do, but what about the others? Gil? Vurn? Isobel? Mateusz? Terein? Roentgen? WIQ? Kakama? Bender? Thunder? Why you no post? Even if you don't like the comic, your feedback is still welcomed.
I don't know about the rest, but Gil, Vurn, Isobel, Mateusz and Thunder are not that active in the first place (some more than others). As you say, we are pretty dead as a community, so you have to be thankful for the little you get. I don't think it is necessarily because it is you.

I myself are mostly here so often now because of your comic being interesting. The Submachine has receded from my life shamefully much. But then, I have been sort of busy.
Anonymous1 wrote:I thought maybe, we could contact Mateusz and ask him to place the board link on his facebook with a disclaimer that its a fan run forum, not his own forum. I've even pushed the idea of our own Pastel Land twitter or Facebook page.
It would be nice for Mateusz to give us a helping nudge like that. A Pastel Land Twitter or a Facebook page would be nice too, I guess, though those would probably be their own communities after they gather a userbase. So, technically those would probably end up leeching from our feeble membership, though the users of this platform are currently so deep-rooted into it that we probably aren't going to change location anytime soon...
Anonymous1 wrote:I don't want to sound desperate for attention, but I guess I am desperate for attention. I just wish you all would treat me a little bit better. I've tried to work things out, have tried to smooth things over. I don't expect you to give me your full trust, but still, there's no reason to treat me like an alien.

Shit happened, I get it. Let's move on from it already.

Anyways I think I'm going to go away for a while. Maybe a week and then return and see how things are here.
As far as I am concerned it is water under the bridge. I sort of understand why you are targetted readily, since your personal story is easily the most complicated and interesting in the forum's history, plus you are still around, but it should really be that big of a deal anymore. I don't really think people ignore things you say out of malice or anything. It just happens, since a lot of things in the forum compete for attention, even as dead we are.

I hope you return sooner than later.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

That's not true man. Besides, I thought you said not to post on your comic in the disscusion thread? I guess I misunderstood.
Is this my final form?
RoentgenDevice
subnet notes finder

Post by RoentgenDevice »

As the tons of Pastelworld memes and tropes aren't really my familiar ground and will never be, I read the comic entries and thought they were funny, but just had no idea what to comment. Writing nothing but "xd" under every piece of great stuff I ever get to see isn't my thing.
Facebook/ twitter page? Sounds really nice, I'd def join the facebook one, but please don't be disappointed if the big rush doesn't happen.
I don't know how Pastel Forum can move on, but if anyone knows, let's do it.
The net is vast and infinite
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

Hey Anonymous, I don't ignore you... I actually ignore the whole forum

lol sorry, I said I was gonna be here more often but uh... it's exhausting
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

...I just had nothing to say.
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I haven't talent to write long long messages. So...

Times are changing.
Pastel Forum changed. Community changed.

You can use search function and find many of my posts about bothering why forum is dead.

But wait. Is this bad?
Yes, it is. But at the same time, it is... normal part of cycle of live of communities. (me think)

We're not in shit. We are on fresh air. :D

We are free. We can make it better anytime we want it.

-----
Don't even comment on "we intentionally don't talk with Anonymous". I think everyone knows this is absurd.
We aren't Murs who can't see people here. :)

I'm happy to talk with any people here.

Welcome to the Pastel Community. :D
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

I'm sorry if I'm not a huge talk on most topics, but I'm not one to often talk with specific people on internet communities such as these, since I'm mostly talking to *everyone* at the same time. But don't think I've forgotten anyone here, ever. Heck, you guys are the names eternally carved upon the Subnet via theory notes - you probably have no idea, but I looked up to you people back in the first SNEE days, reading those notes and wondering how important and awesome all those theory makers were :P (And given how Anonymous has a room with freakin' five theories, I can say your name was likely the one that most impressed me! ^_^)

I do propose an UNBELIEVABLY MASSIVE HUGE CAKE OF PURE PASTELLISH CAKE CELEBRATION to all those awesome members that I probably am not thankful enough to be able to speak to!

...I couldn't find a Sub-related cake, though, so here's this one for grabs.
I am awful at discussing such complicated topics am I not :P
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/