Tabletop games

collinbollin
subbot maintenance

Tabletop games

Post by collinbollin »

I mean this is supposed to be the off topic board right? might as well start this thread, Right now I'm running two games and just put a third on hiatus so one of the players can DM again.

So uh lets get down to business tabletop games are any non digitized medium for gaming, this can mean board games but generally is roleplaying games like D&D.

Right now i have a Call of Cthulhu campaign on momentary hold
A Pathfinders game on hiatus while i play my players Marvel super hero game
and a Homestuck game i flavored as western fantasy.

Im DMing all of these except for the marvel one, so i might post twists and plots on this thread as a memo, feel free to join in with your experiences
*takes a shot of karmic water* who's ready for some submachine
collinbollin
subbot maintenance

Re: Tabletop games

Post by collinbollin »

im just gonna post this quickly, in my CoC (call of Cthulhu) game i pride myself on DESTROYING them, ive been hyping up one of the characters going clinically insane when her wife gets killed by the demon she summoned.

But heres the twist, i know she will do anything to save her wife, so im just going to let her take the bullet and say Rose is dead now, heres the character sheet for her wife daisy, have fun playing the secondary character who now has all the hyped up mental ailments that we were talking about for the capable rose

god i feel devious.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Feeling devious is a good feeling.
collinbollin
subbot maintenance

Post by collinbollin »

For a Dungeon Master? it sure is.
collinbollin
subbot maintenance

Post by collinbollin »

By the way it would fun to make a submachine RPG, as like one of the groups of scientists or a couple predessors moving through the submachine together.
RoentgenDevice
subnet notes finder

Post by RoentgenDevice »

I'm in a Pen and Paper RPG group, but our game is called The Dark Eye.
It's pretty cool, although I gotta say the immersion is broken by the fact that the gamemaster can just keep certain things secret.
I primarily like it for the hilarious things that can happen. The last time we met up, one of our elves wanted to sneak past a merchant to steal his goods. As this was really important to him, he wanted to use an invisibility potion, for which you have to undress when using it. He was out of luck: The potion didn't work and he ran into the store butt naked. :mrgreen:
The net is vast and infinite
collinbollin
subbot maintenance

Post by collinbollin »

sounds fun! most of my pathfinder players dont care much for story or roleplaying, they just want to hit things and watch them die, but they're all ex World of Warcraft players so there is a bit of metagaming when it comes to battles, but the main thing is that they're all having fun. i like to throw them a diffrent themed dungeon every once in a while.
collinbollin
subbot maintenance

Post by collinbollin »

Just got back from my first game of Marvel Hero's My character has dimensional travel, extra dimensional detection, telekinisis, force field and True sight, I tried basing him on mur but of course took some creative liberties.
It was a lot of fun, we tried getting money and beat up some mobsters. I pulled a pistol from my dimension and fired wildly, hit one guy and then dumped the bodies in the submachine next dimension.
Cone
subnet technician

Post by Cone »

I own an Arkham Horror set.
厄負と申します。
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

We have one on the shelf too, but we haven't played it yet.
Apparently, back in England, we used to go to a games night on a regular basis...here, out in Rotorua, nobody else likes board games :(