[SPOILER] Analyzing the Teaser Image

MrGeorge
lost in subnet

[SPOILER] Analyzing the Teaser Image

Post by MrGeorge »

After being bored of counting seconds until the release I decided to contain my excitement by overanalyzing the teaser image posted a few hours ago.

So first of all it is pretty obvious to point out that machines are back and this seems to be a combination of both man-made technology and religious/supernatural elements (Which could also be some kind of advanced alien technology but we are not sure about that) The overall image gives me a feeling very similar to the Core, not and my favorite sub game but not a bad environment either.

Also can someone explain me why the three "laser" devices all fire a blue beam but only one of them seems to be active? That will bug me so much because this has to be part of a puzzle.......right?

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: [SPOILER] Analyzing the Teaser Image

Post by Vortex »

Also relevant: right and left parts of this

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

we could see similar beams in The Bay (Sub8), and Winter Palace (sub7)
hmm

Also can someone explain me why the three "laser" devices all fire a blue beam but only one of them seems to be active? That will bug me so much because this has to be part of a puzzle.......right?
charge is almost over? Need new power element?
Also relevant: right and left parts of this
that also means Mati broke the promise long long time ago...

(or he just uses SEP image for teaser
what?)
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 20 Dec 2015 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

3 beams = 3 wisdom gems?

3, 32 and 23 are recurring numbers in sub series
Bender sucks
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

The floating tiles architecture also appeared in Sub7, dubbed "antistructural architecture" if I recall correctly.

I wouldn't be too worried about the machines. In the Core there are a few at the beginning that are mainly decoration. But it could be part of a puzzle.
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

I bet that arc is a gateway
Bender sucks
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

The "laser" machines look like they're going to be just decoration.
The thing at the right most part of the teaser looks like the end of a rail, is there's going to be a train or a minecart? (Pherpaps is a kind of moving railbased platform we have to use to climb to certain areas, move it to climb to other areas, etc.)
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
MrGeorge
lost in subnet

Post by MrGeorge »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:The "laser" machines look like they're going to be just decoration.
The thing at the right most part of the teaser looks like the end of a rail, is there's going to be a train or a minecart? (Pherpaps is a kind of moving railbased platform we have to use to climb to certain areas, move it to climb to other areas, etc.)
Nice spot, didn't notice that. It looks like a buffer stop and I really like the idea of a train puzzle where you have to switch rails or move it to specific locations in order to unlock others.
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

What promise? He said he wouldn't show teaser images during development of the game. Development has ended, the game is finished and ready, its now in a release process. :P

Anyways if we're returning to prior locations is it possible that area is nearby the starting area in Sub7 but another layer? This is presuming we still have the navigator on us...
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Gemini523 wrote:
What promise? He said he wouldn't show teaser images during development of the game. Development has ended, the game is finished and ready, its now in a release process. :P
that Patreon image appeared long time ago
:P