[SPOILER] Analyzing the Teaser Image

ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Re: [SPOILER] Analyzing the Teaser Image

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Ancient Crystal wrote:every puzzle relying on the third dimension introduced by the device. In 9, there was the occasional thing that had to be viewed from the right layer to work.
Sorry, do you think they are 7 dimensions, and within each dimension are 7 Layers? Altough it may sound promising, I think Mateusz said "Layer = Dimension".
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Oh, right, I forgot submachine has it's own meaning for "dimension". I was using the word in the traditional sense, meaning "axis" or "direction".
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

In that case the Subnet should have no more than 6 dimensions, the 3 regular space dimensions and one more (up, down, left, right, forwards, backwards, layer x+1, layer x-1), time, and the "light" dimension or eight layer.
Is this my final form?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I wouldn't count the layer of time as a separate dimension. There aren't layer 8 versions of the other layers, they aren't independent "directions" so to say.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Indeed, the eighth layer exist on the same axis as the rest, just farther out.

However, you're forgetting there's multiple submachines within a layer. Since this is visualized as the submachines being spread across a plane, that's an additional two dimensions, for a total of seven.

I also suspect there's an eighth, separating the subnet from the karma sea.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.