Doctor Who Discussion

Death Road
lost in subnet

Re: Doctor Who Discussion

Post by Death Road »

Rooster wrote:@DR: I'm still a little confused, but you've seen everything except for most of Season 5 and all of Season 6. You've seen all of Eccleston (which is only a season, regardless) and Tennant?
Yes. I have seen all of Seasons 1-4 (Including Eccleston and Tennant)
Have as of now seen the first 5 episodes of season 5 (most recent watched episode has the angels and was a two parter).
I have not seen the rest of 5 or any of 6.
And given that the season that is just now coming out is the 7th, I've seen all of it and am anticipating the Christmas special.
Into The Void
lost in subnet

Post by Into The Void »

arkla wrote:i thought the doc could call the tardis
he did it in the paradox episode back in reboot season 1

although that might have been extenuating circumstances, he's never really had the need to do it again
One thing you need to remember is that when the series changes head writers things change up quite a bit. Moff was arrogant enough to retcon a vast amount of what happened in the RTD series and it shows in more ways than one (including the new specials that made it look like the the series only existed from S5 onward.) Moff thought he could do better storytelling than RTD and tried to erase his mistakes, in the end Moff made just as many if not more mistakes than RTD. He cannot even get his own rules of time travel right, half the time it seems these "issues" The Doctor runs into just seem too convenient of an inconvenience. (Such as in Curse of the Black Spot, when the TARDIS was stuck for some reason, which in the end was a load of bull considering that the TARDIS has enough power to PULL A SHIP FROM THE GRAVITATIONAL PULL OF A BLACK HOLE.) It really does not add up anymore, if Moff finds some lazy way to make an inconvenience happen for The Doctor, he will exploit it.

Also Time rules have been thrown in the trash and picked back up so much it really just does not hold up to anything anymore. Its painful.

Death Road wrote: I've seen all of it and am anticipating the Christmas special.
Don't anticipate anything good. Moff has failed me twice, if he fails a third time than he has surly lost the edge to the series.
Zero is the Past, One is the Future, The Present is nowhere to be found..
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

i thought the doc could call the tardis
he did it in the paradox episode back in reboot season 1

although that might have been extenuating circumstances, he's never really had the need to do it again
I didn't know about what Void just said, but my thoughts were along the same lines - It seems that they go through a whole rigamarole just to fill up an hour. And even more so, how is it that the Doctor can send the Tardis through some sort of a "bubble" off the edge of the Universe in The Doctor's Wife, but can't visit Rose again?
Yes. I have seen all of Seasons 1-4 (Including Eccleston and Tennant)
Have as of now seen the first 5 episodes of season 5 (most recent watched episode has the angels and was a two parter).
I have not seen the rest of 5 or any of 6.
Glad to hear you caught up quick then.
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Rooster5man wrote: And even more so, how is it that the Doctor can send the Tardis through some sort of a "bubble" off the edge of the Universe in The Doctor's Wife, but can't visit Rose again?
There is a big difference between going to the edge of the universe and going to a different universe. As you see, also, the TARDIS has a hard time going to the edge, its not just another travel.
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

gil2455526 wrote:
Rooster5man wrote: And even more so, how is it that the Doctor can send the Tardis through some sort of a "bubble" off the edge of the Universe in The Doctor's Wife, but can't visit Rose again?
There is a big difference between going to the edge of the universe and going to a different universe. As you see, also, the TARDIS has a hard time going to the edge, its not just another travel.
I don't disagree with you there, but technically, the bubble was in a different Universe.

There's still no reason why Rose can't be saved, especially with all the "wibbly-wobbly Timey Wimey" things there are in the Doctor Who Universe. It's like Moffat said, "No, it's just not possible, even for the Doctor"...even though we have all these other things that defy the Laws of Physics.
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

As the doctor said some times: He can't interfere with his own timeline, so, if someone he likes dies/disappears, he needs to let it happen...

Even though he broke that rule some times...
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

As the doctor said some times: He can't interfere with his own timeline, so, if someone he likes dies/disappears, he needs to let it happen...

Even though he broke that rule some times...
....See what I'm saying? He did in Season 6 - pretty much the basis of Season 6 - and they even had a special where Tennant met, I believe it was, the Seventh Doctor. And you're telling me he can't interfere with his own timeline XD
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Quoted from the series actually.

Last edited by gil2455526 on 08 Dec 2012 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

No, of course I know that, but it's like they skirt right around that rule.

Remember the Doctor's first rule? "The Doctor always lies." I'm not saying he's lying, but...there's something fishy there.
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

oh yeah.... The doctor lies...

What if he is lying about his own existence and everything is just a TV show???

Anyway... what was your favorite episode?