Doctor Who Discussion

Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Re: Doctor Who Discussion

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Well then what?
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I think he was referring to Babylon...It was actually a little harsh, what he said.

Spoilers: I would actually say it's the best episode this Season. Yeah, I guess the way we find out about Clara's "extra lives" is a little contrived, and about John Hurt being next which

More Spoilers you may not want to read: He's actually the Ninth Doctor

Spoilers continued: Should be interesting to say the least. I'd give Moffat his due, it wasn't totally terrible.
Into The Void
lost in subnet

Post by Into The Void »

It was still better than the last finale with the Wedding of River Song.

It actually have tied up some loose ends that really wanted to be answered, mainly about Clara.

I look forward to 50.
Zero is the Past, One is the Future, The Present is nowhere to be found..
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

So...

Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Indeed..... I'm not certain what I thought of the special. I didn't actively dislike it, but did it live up to the awesomeness that should be requested from something like this? It did have some issues, mainly that most of the story felt like a side plot and the climax being focused at expectations the episode never put much effort into building up. Still, the plot it did indeed have was quite acceptable, but does it compensate? I have no idea.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

One thing I did like, that it being the 5oth anniversary episode. That they brought in all past Doctors into the story, while it still being logical as to why they were called.

But I know what you mean, Crystal. I went through the same thing when I was watching the Doctor Who recent Series with my mother. And when they switch from the 10th Doctor to the 11th Doctor, we miss the 4 specials that link series 4 and 5 because we didn't know about them because we were watching them from rented copies I got at the Library I work at, and they didn't have them.

But one good thing I like that they did at the end of the special, what they did with Gallifrey was similar to breaking into a strong bubble outside of time, then create their own strong bubble inside the one they were in. Grab it, then threw it back into time with 13 players hands, but not knowing where they were aiming. I still like how they introduce the War Doctor, and how he himself didn't consider himself The Doctor, and how even though they saved Gallifrey, the Doctor after that still won't remember, thus not ruining the character development of The Doctor.

And at the end of the Christmas Special, it appears to me that The Doctor has a serious case of Alzheimer's. But I guess that to be expected considering that he has regenerated 13 times and lived.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

You referring to that "Do you know how to fly this thing?" line? I'd file that in the regular post-regeneration amnesia category, I'ts happened before.
Into The Void
lost in subnet

Post by Into The Void »

50th was good. Loved the ending to it, The only thing that really bothered me was the scientist that was seen just randomly wearing Tom Baker's 4th Scarf for no ideal reason. She seemed to be almost entirely what Moff's inclusion of what a modern whovian fangirl might be (in which case, might not be far off but at the same time seems to be entirely a waste of a joke for something like the 50th).

As for the ending:
Am I the only one to think that Tom Baker's presence could mean the return of The White Guardian or even The Watcher? I REALLY Hope so...

As for Christmas special, its honestly by far in my opinion the best Christmas Special Moff has written for the series. It did not try to take too much attention away from The Doctor, it did not try to dance around the laws of time and space paradoxes as well as personal timelines for the sake of the story. It did not drag on for too long in certain areas. It did everything well and kept it interesting, hell enjoyable to watch in more than one occasion which is more than what I can ever say about his previous Christmas specials. I am also willing to say Smith's final performance was incredible from beginning to the very end.
Zero is the Past, One is the Future, The Present is nowhere to be found..
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Ancient Crystal wrote:You referring to that "Do you know how to fly this thing?" line? I'd file that in the regular post-regeneration amnesia category, I'ts happened before.
Yes, but he was also seeing Amy Pond who was not actually there.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

True.... Personally, I saw that as a dramatiztion of the doctor recalling and visualising her, not a hallucination.