Languages

The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Re: Languages

Post by The Kakama »

In malay,it's called "bola sepak",loosely translated as kick ball.
Is this my final form?
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Vurn wrote:Ok, let's get started on the pronouns.

I - 12 different ones depending on gender (male, female) and age (kid, teenager, adult, middle-aged, old, primordial (like Satan or God))
You - 12 combinations + 3 different ones depending on if you don't know the gender, the age, or both
He/she - 15 combinations
It - 20 ones (physical state (I think solids, liquids, gases, plasma, Einstein-Bose condensate, I think it's enough) movement (if it's moving or not), gender)
Natural we will also have dual, trial, quadral, paucal (small group) and plural as well as singular. Oh, and also a set of passive pronouns (i.e. unknown subject). What about verbs? I think past perfect, perfect, past, preterite, present, future, future perfect is almost satisfying for tenses but what about modes?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Anteroinen wrote:

I - 12 different ones depending on gender (male, female) and age (kid, teenager, adult, middle-aged, old, primordial (like Satan or God))
You - 12 combinations + 3 different ones depending on if you don't know the gender, the age, or both
He/she - 15 combinations
It - 20 ones (physical state (I think solids, liquids, gases, plasma, Einstein-Bose condensate, I think it's enough) movement (if it's moving or not), gender)
Natural we will also have dual, trial, quadral, paucal (small group) and plural as well as singular. Oh, and also a set of passive pronouns (i.e. unknown subject). What about verbs? I think past perfect, perfect, past, preterite, present, future, future perfect is almost satisfying for tenses but what about modes?
Naaaah, too simple. We should mark every number from 1 to 1000000, and from there in intervals of 10 until the Graham number, from there in intervals of 100. And some pronouns depending on the gender, number, social status, age, height, facial characteristics, number of hairs in their head, number of times they have coughed since they were born, and many other notable things. And about verbs, we should have a special mark for every time from the Big Bang until about 10^60 years from now, changing each millisecond (much more accurate, don't you think? XD), and about modes, well, a jussive mode, a conditional mode, a semiconditional mode, a special mode for sarcasm, a subjunctive mode, an imperative mode, a suggestive mode, an exhortative mode, an abusive mode, a risative mode, a plorative mode, a somnative mode... etc. etc.

:D
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:
Anteroinen wrote:

He/she - 15 combinations
Naaaah, too simple. We should mark every number from 1 to 1000000, and from there in intervals of 10 until the Graham number, from there in intervals of 100. And some pronouns depending on the gender, number, social status, age, height, facial characteristics, number of hairs in their head, number of times they have coughed since they were born, and many other notable things. And about verbs, we should have a special mark for every time from the Big Bang until about 10^60 years from now, changing each millisecond (much more accurate, don't you think? XD), and about modes, well, a jussive mode, a conditional mode, a semiconditional mode, a special mode for sarcasm, a subjunctive mode, an imperative mode, a suggestive mode, an exhortative mode, an abusive mode, a risative mode, a plorative mode, a somnative mode... etc. etc.

:D
Naturally we also need quotative, potential, optative and naturally an eventive.
azareus
subbot maintenance

Post by azareus »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:a special mode for sarcasm
But that would make it easier to understand D: What we need is to not allow people to talk with a different voice when they are sarcastic or ironic. :twisted:
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

azareus wrote:
OnyxIonVortex wrote:a special mode for sarcasm
But that would make it easier to understand D: What we need is to not allow people to talk with a different voice when they are sarcastic or ironic. :twisted:
Oh yeah, a sarco-ironic mood! That truly sounds like Hellish.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Anyways, nobody should be able to speak and write those amount of marks, so they would probably communicate only by growls XD
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:Anyways, nobody should be able to speak and write those amount of marks, so they would probably communicate only by growls XD
Is that not appropriate? :twisted:
borys610

Post by borys610 »

sundayfever wrote:Hahhaha

We had our failures here too. One girl wrote her name and an initial of her last name on the wall with a spray. We mocked her for years.
What was this name and initial?
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

Imo, it'd be better if the language was shit hard, but if you'd be actually able to speak it fluently. Would be fun to actually make it. I have quite a few symbols (for the Hellish alphabet) drawn already.
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.