Languages

sundayfever
subnet technician

Re: Languages

Post by sundayfever »

Me too. I wasn't getting anything at first, then I realized it makes things simpler, but also harder because you need the typical svo order while in other languages, at least Slavic, you can put words in random order and it still works.
all memories are lost in time...
...like tears in the rain
borys610

Post by borys610 »

That's right (also I eddited post on the last page).
sundayfever
subnet technician

Post by sundayfever »

Hahhaha

We had our failures here too. One girl wrote her name and an initial of her last name on the wall with a spray. We mocked her for years.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

I knew a girl, who had wrote the not for teacher that she was ill, and thus couldn't go to school for a few days. It was a lie, she wrote it for herself, and signed using her mothers name. Unfortunately it was Polish language teacher. She made a typo in her mothers name. It was Grażyna, and she wrote "Grarzyna".
sundayfever
subnet technician

Post by sundayfever »

How can you possibly fail to write someone's name?? And for such 'an important' thing?
borys610

Post by borys610 »

She was the dumbest person in our class, or at least the dumbest girl.
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

Anteroinen wrote:
Vurn wrote:And also I heard the official language of Hell is German.. written using the Cyrillic alphabet.
Perhaps Hell is in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Germ ... t_Republic?
Oh, I didn't know that existed.
Do they really use German written with Cyrillic alphabet? That's crazy. What would the official language of Hell be, then? It should have some really hard pronounciation. Every word would be a super guttural growl. So basically Dutch, haha.
Word order should be super hard, too. Only a few languages in the world use the OVS order, so let's use that. Also a super hard alphabet. Let's use a very complicated symbol for every word. If you want to conjugate it through one of the 27 cases, you add different apostrophes and thingies to it depending on the letter. Also 13 different articles (like German der, die and das) which also obviously change depending on the case. And different pronouns depending on the gender, age, height and whether it's your friend or foe.

And last but not least, a whole lot of exceptions.
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.
Cone
subnet technician

Post by Cone »

It would be harder if every word was just the same one letter, but shorter or longer and stressed differently depending on what you want to say.
厄負と申します。
borys610

Post by borys610 »

Also, it actually should have three different alphabets, like in Japan.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Only three? :mrgreen: